The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Nothing is ever going to get fixed until the racetracks show that they care about it and put $$$ behind retirement and/or euthanasia programs. I don't see that happening on a popular basis in my lifetime.

Doesn't have to be popular, but trust me--there are tracks interested. A lot of which is because of this thread

I never thought i'd smile in regard to uh...killing?...horses. But i'm smiling, because I'm bound to help the ones I cannot help, and that is good motivation.

Ivy--again, I appreciate the sentiment on QH's, and I'm definitely not saying it's not a problem, but it doesn't really seem to be *my* problem right now. TB's are my problem. I'm worried about cancer and HIV too, but I spend my time on TB's. I'm not trying to fix anything globally, but trying to address something locally in the hopes that it spreads globally. Does that make sense?

To make it very simple, I have easily 25 horses I could put in the CANTER program today--just waiting for a place to go. I don't have (and have never gotten so much as a phone call) any QH's in need. Not doubting they exist, I just don't have any involvement in that industry.