The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Landor S frozen semen quality, and offspring?

Anybody used Landor S? How is his semen quality? How about some offspring photos, and what type of mare he crosses with best?

Thanks
    Making Your Ambitions a Reality at Secret Ambition Stables.
    Quality Welsh Ponies and Welsh Crosses bred for sport
    Facebook Page.
    Section A and Section B Welsh Ponies at stud

Ingrid from Matchmaker should know, I belive she's used it.

There is always the full brother Landwerder, who has very good quality fresh semen.

I had a Landor S son, but I think he was the spitting image of mama, so it's hard to say. He had a fantastic canter, and seemed to know how to jump from day 1. Not sure about semen quality as the mare was imported while pregnant...

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/ph...6&id=515029486

Sorry I didn't see this earlier.
    I have a 2 y/o, a new born, and one due on the ground in the next few days by Landor S.

Our mares went in foal to him first time with (I think) 2 straws. Vet said it was pretty good quality.

The 2 y/o is gorgeous. Chesnut with a big white blaze. I've done some ground work with him and he is lovely. This is him as a foal-

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...6&id=506647450

If you google Landor S, you will find a lot of his offspring are very talented jumpers. They are also said to be a "professionals" horse, as in, you can't ride them once a week. And I have heard they like to rear! But for pure jumping ability, I don't think you can go past him.

The filly that was just born is sooo lovely... but very cheeky (as they are). Already rearing and trying to kick her Mum etc.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...d&id=506647450

The one that is due soon is out of a Vivant (Fuego Du Prelet/Jalisco) mare so that should be interesting.

We carry Landor S Semen and it has always been amazing quality. I've actually seen it on the slide myself and it looks as good as most fresh cooled we get in.

SO much so that I and my husband did our first ever frozen semen breeding (at home) with him. We did timed insemination - we split a dose and she cought!

This mare slipped the foal prior to her 45 day check but we were still thrilled that we actually bred one on our own at home

We saw some of his foals in Europe and they were all very athletic and seemed to have their sences about them.

Good Luck !
    WorldwideEquine.NET
    Proudly producing TOP scoring foals in North America
    Stallions Coronado WW, Fal Turro WW, High Five WW and Noble Houston CiceroZ, Stedinger, LandorS, Lordanos, Chalan, Quality

Having brokered his semen for about 7 years, I am very familiar with it. Quality is great, and it is not rough on mares, so no inflammations as a rule.
    Go for it!
    Offspring- typey, more alive than some of the deadheads out there, but not mean.
    They say" dont leave them in the stall for a week and then ride" but in my world, horses are ridden and turned out all the time, so dont really know it otherwise.
    They are sharp, and willing, keen and have tons of jump. His full brother did GP dressage, and they move well for jumpers as well.

We have sold some from Germany that have on to be hunters as well, so the mare does for sure play a role.