The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Lets revisit the Wintec Endurance Pro saddle

So I was looking at this saddle in the local tack shop. Anyone have or ride in this model and what did you think? I have a short backed arab. I had looked the the Thornhill JC but it was too long for his back. Right now I use an old Stubben Siegfried.
    Last edited by Bank of Dad; Aug. 23, 2009 at 09:46 AM.
    There is no snooze button on a cat that wants breakfast.

This is a pretty long saddle and to be honest I'm not impressed with the panels on the Wintec saddles that I've looked at. I don't think that they have a wide enough weight bearing area. They may look wide but the area that bears weight is a bit narrow. The material of the endurance saddle is grippy and secure though.

What about a used BMSS?

Bonnie S.

I rode in an endurance pro for years with my old arab and LOVED it. Got a new arab, short back and saddle was too long. Tried everything because I Loved this saddle had it reflocked etc......nothing worked. I am in a Specialized Saddle now and it is pretty comfortable but most of all, the horse loves it.

Bonnie, I don't want a treeless. I also haven't read anything real good about the endurance pro. Susie Coffey is coming out for a saddle fitting and she doesn't like the air bladder panels also.

jlr--that saddle looks interesting.

ohh, I love my saddle now! Did a ton of research. Looked into treeless saddles, tried some. Came across this saddle, knew some people that had one. Tried it and my horse loved it. I had a real fit problem with my current girl, this was one saddle both of us could live with. I have had it a year and still love it. Best of all she has not had one sore back.....even vets in clean at endurance rides!

What model do you have? Did you have to do much with the extra shims for fitting?

I have a trailmaster, had to do a little work on shims for fit but not much. I have a specialized rep that lives a few hours from me and there are several of us in the area with the saddles so she makes one trip up and visits us all for fits every now and then