The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Stubben Scandica

Does anyone have one? what do you think? Thanks!

I have ridden in one and found it comfy, but the tree is so oddly shaped that I cannot imagine it fits much of anything. Its very much a banana tree, but it didn't even fit my fairly-curvy mare.

totally crappy.

Well, I have one, it fits my horse and I find it very comfortable. They are well-made saddles that hold up. I bought mine used.

Of course every 'body' is different, you have to find a saddle that fits you and your horse, but if you find one you like, go for it.
    www.moranequinephoto.com
    "If I am fool, it is, at least, a doubting one; and I envy no one the certainty of his self-approved wisdom."
    Byron

I've owned one for 12 years and found it to not fit all horses (which saddle would) but I can not confirm it fits no horse at all. I like the medium depth of seat which allows a bit more flexibility than many of the dressage saddles around these days (e.g. Hennig or Passier Grand Gilbert). I ride many young horses so I need to be able to adjust my leg position and switch from two point to dressage seat a lot and quickly so.
    I therefor don't like the extremely deap seats and 'glued on' leg positions but prefer something that actually allows you to move in the saddle.

Totally crappy? What does that mean?
    I bought one at a good price, but it is an XXW and too wide for my horse. I can't confirm anything about the tree, but I would not say it is an extreme banana shape at all. What I can say, is that I love riding in it. As Kareen said, if you are a rider that like more of an open seat and no so much restriction by the block, it works well.

No matter what saddle you asked about, there will be people that hate it or like it. That's why we all don't own the same saddle.

I love mine, it holds up great to. I've had mine for almost 2 years now and it still looks new. No rubs like my other saddles. It fits my horse great and me. Keeps my leg correct and doesn't push me forward like many saddles did.
    Horses aren't our whole life, but makes our life whole

I have never ridden in one, but I was saddle shopping a while back, and one friend raved about her Stuebben. The rep measured her horse, ordered it, and then the saddle was shipped and sold from the local Stuebben retail outlet. Basically it was a custom saddle for an off the rack price.

My horse became lame, so I never did get to buy a new saddle!
    2012 goal: learn to ride like a Barn Rat

A helmet saved my life.