The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Rest in peace little bear

I had to put my chihuahua to sleep yesterday after finding out his car accident damage wasn't fixable. I miss him so, so much but I am so glad he isn't in pain anymore.

So, Rest in Peace Franco. We only had you for a short time, but you had our hearts at hello. Thank you for the time we got to spend with you, I just wish it would have been longer. We will never forget you and you will always hold a special place in our hearts for you.

My Franco
    http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...hait/005-3.jpg

Oh - what a sweet face. I'm so sorry you couldn't save him. My condolences.

I'm sorry for your loss. Its obvious you really bonded with him.

Aww, I love chihuahuas, and what a sweet face. I am sorry for your loss.
    Every man has a right to his opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts.
    Bernard M. Baruch

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there"

I am so sorry for your loss, that is a great picture. Hugs.

So sorry for your loss--what a sweetheart! Hugs!
    Julie
    www.centaurfencing.com
    Safer, Stronger, Lasts Longer!
    Godspeed BARBARO--Run fast and free!

So sorry for your loss. RIP FRANCO.
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"

Sorry you lost him.

When we lost our last toy poodle at 13 1/2 years from liver failure, our vet told us that the median life span of toy sized dogs is 3 1/2 years.
    Toy dogs can live into their late teens, but because they are so small, they are so easily injured.

I am so sorry. I have two chihuahas (one 16, one a year old) and I know how they steal your heart! I am so appreciative of the time we get with them, but I wish yours could have been longer!

Tell us a story about him - something happy from when you got him, maybe...

What a precious little guy! Yes, tell us a story about him! Time WILL ease your pain, but right now there are not many words that will. Sending hugs your way!!!

I'm so sorry. I lost my soul mate dog back in the Spring and I do truly know the pain you feel. {{{{Hugs}}}}

Franco loved to go trail riding with us. One of the times we took him, there were several cattle laying under a group of trees. He did not like cattle one bit and since he thought he was the toughest thing ever, he ran over and started barking at him. The cattle were less than enthused and they just ignored him.

He went everywhere with us and we figured out he hated when he thought anyone was fighting. My boyfriend's brother built a shop and they occasionally have small get togethers in their. Franco was with us on one particularly stormy night when I was house sitting for some people whose house has been hit by a tornado about a year ago. My boyfriend and his friend were pretending to fight and Franco got to mad. He started yelling at the friend since Waylon was his person. Anytime I would pretend to punch or hit my boyfriend, Franco would get mad at him and not me. It was quite funny.

My car is a hatchback and has a hard cover over the cargo area. Franco loved sitting/standing up there when he rode in the car.

I'm still not sure how I can function without him. I keep trying, but I just can't keep from tears.

My boyfriend got me a chi puppy yesterday to try and ease the pain of losing our little friend Franco. He is very affectionate and know that I am sad, so I get lots of kisses. We have already told him his big brother is in heaven and he was a very good "bear" so he has a lot to live up to. I hope he is happy in heaven and looks down on us and smiles.

Quote Originally Posted by akhunterrider View Post
    I'm still not sure how I can function without him. I keep trying, but I just can't keep from tears.
    My deepest and most heartfelt condolences on the loss of your dear little Franco.

The best advice I can give you is to stay busy, and just keep putting one foot in front of the other.

You shouldn't try to continually hold back your tears, because grief is a necessary part of healing and accepting the loss. It hurts, and there's nothing wrong with you giving in to that pain.

I still cry over Conny, and it's been a little over 2 years since I lost him. Not every day, and the good days outweigh the bad now, but I still do. Not in public if I can help it, but sometimes I can't.

You will get to the point where you enjoy life again, I promise you. It won't be today, and most likely not for many months, but you'll eventually be able to speak of Franco with smiles and not tears.

Good luck, dear. Many of us know what it's like to lose a dear companion.
    The plural of anecdote is not data.

Outside Ocala FL - Horse Capital of the World

My deepest sympathies. Time will help ease your pain, so take however long it takes to get there.
    There are friends and faces that may be forgotten, but there are horses that never will be. - Andy Adams

I know the feeling - go ahead and cry as much as you need to. I lost my beloved horse a few days ago and I'm still at the stage where I go and sit in his pasture and cry, but I'm getting a little better. Give yourself plenty of time and space. Even when you have to do something else for a while, make sure you make time to grieve...