The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Leslie Law clinic for BN horse/rider?

I read that Leslie Law is coming to Flying Cross Farm in Kentucky for a clinic in September. Any opinions on whether he would be a good clinician for a mere BN rider??
    Thanks!

I did a clinic with both Laws this past summer, and I really learned a lot. Both adhere to pony club values and want people to be able to ride well on the flat as well as be secure over jumps.

I blogged the clinic:

http://lawsclinic.blogspot.com/

I think it would be a good clinic for anyone.
    --Becky in TX
    Clinic Blogs and Rolex Blogs
    She who throws dirt is losing ground.

Quote Originally Posted by petit fromage View Post
    I read that Leslie Law is coming to Flying Cross Farm in Kentucky for a clinic in September. Any opinions on whether he would be a good clinician for a mere BN rider??
    Thanks!
    Definitely, assuming they offer that level. He explains things wonderfully and will adjust exercises based on your and your horse's experience (so won't force all BN riders to do exactly the same thing if they're at different levels). I think you will get a lot out of it no matter what you feel the need to work on, and you will come away with a positive attitude and lots to work on!

Have a blast!
    Winfield Farm
    Karrera "Zoee" ~ Redshift "Orion" ~ Inquisitive "Q" ~ No Doubts "Lady"
    I Paid For My Vet's New Truck Clique

Thanks for the very positive input. Thank you, Kairos, for sharing your blog. I read it with great interest and plan to re-read it before the clinic, just to remind myself of what LL wants to see.

As long as you're in a suitable group, I think you'll be fine.

There was a BN horse/rider in our N/T group this spring in a LL clinic and although it took the whole first day for them to sort of get their act together, by the end of the 2nd day they were doing almost everything the rest of the group was doing.
    Click here before you buy.

Grrr why does it have to be the same weekend as Jump Start, the only move up event at the end of the year that I do not have to trailer for miles too

Smile I've entered the clinic as a BN rider

I too audited the LL clinic at Hunters Run that Deltawave referred to. I was very impressed on how Leslie handled the BN/N group with different levels of horses and riders (pro/ammie and green vs experienced) in the same group. He did the same great job in the training, prelim, and intermediate groups. Based on this I have signed up for the Flying Cross clinic as a BN and plan to be there, travelling from Michigan.

This is great to hear. There's a Leslie Law clinic here next month and I was wondering whether my pre-Beginner-Novice self (on an awesome ex-Prelim horse) should give it a try, or not.

Any other thoughts?
    --
    Wendy
    ... and Patrick

Have fun
    Winfield Farm
    Karrera "Zoee" ~ Redshift "Orion" ~ Inquisitive "Q" ~ No Doubts "Lady"
    I Paid For My Vet's New Truck Clique

Quote Originally Posted by paintedponiesrule View Post
    Grrr why does it have to be the same weekend as Jump Start, the only move up event at the end of the year that I do not have to trailer for miles too
    Not to get too OT... but I'd would definitely be checking schedules for next year as I'm not sure how many of the regular HT's that are usually held at the KHP will be running because of WEG. Unless they move them to Masterson Station.

I heard MayDaze was the only HT running next year. But of course, I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time!