The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Just a Small Brag on the Baby Horse *grin*

Im trying to upload the short cell phone video butttttttt -----

Unfortunately, I have to take my baby horse (2 y/o) to the vet clinic on Tuesday to have surgery (see my pythiosis thread on horse care). Anyways, I have never loaded him and believe hes been on a trailer 2-3 times (once to inspection and at least once more to come down from PA to FL) but I know hes never been on a step up.

I hooked up and had my girlfriend there to help as my trailer has black padding inside so its dark, its a step up, and a slant load, so not the most inviting trailer ever.

Wouldnt you know he just walks in, no hesitation, like hes done it his whole life??? Closed the slant partition, no issues, and then he backs off like a champ. We did it 3 times in a row and I declared that we were ready for Tuesday.

I did video it but computer is having some issues. But I had to brag. This is my first young horse and EVERY thing I introduce to him, this is the outcome - it is as if hes done it his whole life.

Cute picture of the above mentioned subject:

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r.../IMG_8344a.jpg

~~~~~~~~~

Member of the ILMD[FN]HP Clique, The Florida Clique, OMGiH I loff my mares, and the Bareback Riders clique!

Good Job!! And what a good boy! Good luck on Tuesday (going to pythiosis thread to read now) - I hope all goes well.

What a cutie!!! Here's hoping all goes well.
    www.specialhorses.org
    a 501(c)3 organization helping 501(c)3 equine rescues