Does anyone have any experience with any kind of referral network for equine-related businesses? Similar to BNI but for businesses related to horses (directly or indirectly). I've been kicking the idea around in my head for a while and thought I'd find out if anyone else thinks it would be a good idea.
It would have to be regionally based and meet infrequently. But there would be opportunities to get together, either as a large group or a series of small groups periodically during the year.
Trainers, shippers, farriers, vets as well as more indirect professions such as contractors (specializing in horse barns), equine attorneys, etc would be invited.
As far as trainers, even though almost no barn includes just one type of student and/or horse, there are trainers that specialize in YR/JR, ponies, kids, adult ammies, etc. to say nothing of the different riding disciplines.
I recently started my own business and attended a BNI meeting. It seemed like such a great concept that I am surprised that it hasn't caught on in some form in the equine community.