The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default AHS Inspection in Colorado at Harmony Sport Horses

8/12/09 Six Hanoverian mares were inspected. Two Non-Hanoverian mares were inspected. Seven foals were presented. Two mares did the MPT. Judges were Gerd Zuther and Gerhard Senckenberg. Secretary was Cathy Tucker-Slaterbeck.

As I was a participant, I didn't catch results from all classes. Perhaps someone else can fill in the gaps.

Results for Hanoverian mares:

Champion mare and Elite Eligible:
    Daisy Noir (Donnerwetter/Feiner Stern) breeder/owner Dena Sanders. Entered into Main Mare Book.

Capprichia (Contucci/Contender) breeder Harmony Sport Horses, owner Michael & Margery Crawford. Entered into Main Mare Book.

Donna Luna (Domiro/Pointmaker) breeder Glenwood Farms, owner Elaine Haberman. Entered into Main Mare Book.

Guinevere's Vision (Graf Top II/Armin) breeder David & Kimberly Ramirez, owner Elaine Haberman. Entered into Main Mare Book.

Princess Paven (Pablo/Kalypso) breeder Edgar & Susan Schuette, owner Echo Valley, Inc. Entered into Main Mare Book.

Leilandi (Landkoenig/Fuerst Gotthard) breeder Edgar & Susan Schuette, owner Echo Valley, Inc. Entered into Main Mare Book.

Foals presented were by the following sires:

Colt by Landkoenig/Nyx (Voltaire) owner Kristie Allen
    Colt by Lingh/EM Antigua (A Jungle Prince) owner Harmony Sport Horses
    Colt by Fielding/Willow DC (Wolkenstein II) owner Laura Speer
    Colt by Winterprinz/D'Ecole (Diamont) owner Cheri George
    Colt by Paparazzo/EM Descapade (Don Alfredo) owner Tricia McConathy
    Filly by Sinatra Song/Annual Review (Arrian) owner Dagmar Nelson
    Filly by Schroeder/Wendaniela (Wendelin II) owner Debbie Owens

Photographs and video link of Daisy Noir at Inspection are now posted on my website.
    Last edited by dbts; Aug. 20, 2009 at 12:03 PM. Reason: photos/video link now posted on my website
    Snowline Sport Horses
    http://www.snowlinesporthorses.com
    Breeder of Hanoverian horses

Was there a photographer at that site?
    "No matter how cynical I get its just not enough to keep up." Lily Tomlin

Which horses were yours dbts? I had the Selle Francais mare and her Landkonig colt that were scratched...my mare got injured a couple of days before and was completely lame. Go figure. I'm going to take the pair to the Oldenburg inspection in a couple of weeks, assuming the mare recovers fine. I already had the day off from work so we went to watch anyway.

My mare didn't go, so only one non Hano mare was presented; a TB that received a 7.0

The Lingh colt was super and named top colt. Of course the dam was really nice but that was a great cross.

There was a photographer but I'm not sure that she has a website.

ahf: Yes, there was a photographer and I signed up with her. Don't know her name as we just signed a list.

Krallen: That explains why I couldn't find your Voltaire mare & colt! Good luck at the GOV inspection. Thanks for adding some more results info.

My mare is Daisy Noir by Donnerwetter. She is a second generation mare from my breeding program. I have photographs, but can't post them here. If someone wants to help out with that, I can email them to you.
    Snowline Sport Horses

I'd love to see the Lingh foal if anyone has a photo, or if the photographer has a website!

dbts - if you end up getting contacted about photos by the photographer, would you email or PM me with her/his name and contact info?

Thanks very much.
    "No matter how cynical I get its just not enough to keep up." Lily Tomlin

I've been an inspection photographer many times. These days people will not commit to buying photographs because maybe hubby or their friend will get digital photos and they don't commit to the inspection photographer.

Then it turns out they don't have any suitable photographs but the inspection photographer didn't take photos either.

I really should start my own thread on this but folks, please support the people who buy the good photo equipment and take the time to learn what constitutes a good photo.

I am a good photographer but will happily pay the going price of a photographer who gets pix of one of my horses at a show or inspection.

Quote Originally Posted by dbts View Post

My mare is Daisy Noir by Donnerwetter. .
    she's a pretty thing
    Production Acres,Pro A Welsh Cobs
    I am one of the last 210,000 remaining full time farmers in America.We feed the others.

dbts - congrats on having the high score mare!! You must be very proud. Is she in foal for next spring?

The Lingh foal was not what you would expect color wise - chestnut with white legs galore and a big blaze that wrapped around the face. The dam was bay with maybe a small sock or two.

Tamara in TN & Krallen: Thank you very much!

Krallen: No, Daisy Noir is not in foal. I have her in dressage training with a professional. If I still own her next spring, I will breed her for a 2011 foal and she will take the MPT next summer in order to complete the requirements for full Elite mare status.

Photographs of her at inspection are now posted on my website under "Horses for Sale".
    Last edited by dbts; Aug. 20, 2009 at 12:21 PM. Reason: additional info
    Snowline Sport Horses

Default Lingh Chestnuts

I have seen several Chestnuts now. Flemmingh also throws that flashy color...like father, like son. I will get some good pictures of the colt. Karin Offield