The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default TS breech--Professional v/s Supreme??

I have been a long time 2-way TS breech wearer, but I am switching over to 4-ways. I got a pair of those 4-way low rise TS schooling breeches (95% cotton, 5% lycra) & love them.

Now what is the difference between the Professional & Supreme breech?

I see both are 4-way, low rise, side zip. The Professional has more cotton--will it be more similar to the TS schooling breeches then? I like my breeches to have some give & nothing tight.

Anybody care to comment??? I see the Professional on e-bay, but having never tried them on I wasn't sure which I'd prefer.
    "I'm not crazy...my mother had me tested"

Quote Originally Posted by Giddy-up View Post
    I have been a long time 2-way TS breech wearer, but I am switching over to 4-ways. I got a pair of those 4-way low rise TS schooling breeches (95% cotton, 5% lycra) & love them.

Now what is the difference between the Professional & Supreme breech?

I see both are 4-way, low rise, side zip. The Professional has more cotton--will it be more similar to the TS schooling breeches then? I like my breeches to have some give & nothing tight.

Anybody care to comment??? I see the Professional on e-bay, but having never tried them on I wasn't sure which I'd prefer.
    I like the fabric for the Professional breeches for hot weather riding. The Supremes are a bit heavier. Both breeches repel dirt better than the schooling breeches while giving you a similar feel.

I prefer the Professional. They're not really like the TS breech fabric--more of a microfiber. They are sturdier, hold their shape better and repel dirt. But they have the clarino knee patches and are machine washable.

The Supremes are a sturdier fabric and have the nice leather knee patches if you like that.

The fit is also different. The Supreme is more of a relaxed fit, so if you like more give, you might prefer it. The pros are similar in cut to the TS breeches, IME.

I'd recommend trying them on.

Quote Originally Posted by touchstone- View Post
    The fit is also different. The Supreme is more of a relaxed fit, so if you like more give, you might prefer it. The pros are similar in cut to the TS breeches, IME.
    ok, you lost me here. Similar in cut to which TS breech?

I've only up until recently worn the 2-ways so do you mean that cut?

Quote Originally Posted by Giddy-up View Post
    ok, you lost me here. Similar in cut to which TS breech?

I've only up until recently worn the 2-ways so do you mean that cut?
    I think she's referring the the 4-way TS schooling breech. I think they fit better, but definitely more stretchy than the Royals (two way). As a big fan of the Royals, I really like the Professionals.

well I placed a bid. At that price I can suck it up & wear them regardless. But it sounds like something I am going to like. Yay!

And this is my 1st ebay bid so I am afraid I am starting something that could be very very bad in the long run.

Can I ask a silly question along the same lines? I know most people wear the beige breeches- Is any color beige acceptable? Some are lighter in color and some almost have a greenish/brown dark khaki color. What do most people wear?

Anything referred to as tan, beige, or green beige is ok depending on your coat color.
    Seig Heil Polo Shirt!

OK, thanks!

Giddy-up, I have both and definitely prefer the Professionals. The fit and fabric is more similar to the schooling breeches, but has a nicer finish (and I like the color a bit better). I find the Supremes to be really stretchy...meaning they show lumps and bumps a bit more easily.
    ~ Citizens for a Kinder, Gentler COTH...our mantra: Be nice. ~