The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default How will the Americans finish at Burghley?

Just for fun, how do you think the Americans will finish at Burghley? At last count, there were 99 starters listed. How do you think they will finish overall? And, how do you think they will finish against each other? Is anyone taking bets???

Wow, that is a loaded question, isn't it! If an American wishes to be patriotic about their support. The Europeans and Australians just showed everyone a thing or two at Rolex. And at the Olympics.

I'll add a question ... why do the British get more British riders completing Badminton than the Americans can get into the start box at Rolex? I've wondered that for awhile now.

I wish the American riders at Burghley all the best ... I will be thrilled if any appear in the top ten, and excited for those who complete, and happiest of all if all the riders and horses return home safely.

Good luck to all of them. I just want everyone home safe, sound and (preferrably) pleased with themselves!
    I evented just for the Halibut.

Default one possible piece of the puzzle

I'll add a question ... why do the British get more British riders completing Badminton than the Americans can get into the start box at Rolex? I've wondered that for awhile now.

I just finished a clinic with a European BNC and he commented that in England more riders have easier access to more XC schooling fields/opportunities than we have here in the US. He clinics all over the US, so I think he might know!!