The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Question Need rec on best shipping boots

I have the Dover shipping boots and now after a couple of years the hind boots fall down and come off. Flys andan impatient horse that stamps and kicks with ther hind legs causes these to come off. Once they come down a little she kicks them off.

I need reccomendations for shipping boots, mostly to protect the fetlock and below. I had a horse lacerate his nerve and palkot (sp?) tendon while backing off a trailer, hence I'm a bit paranoid.
    RIP Kelly 1977-2007 "Wither thou goest, so shall I"

"To tilt when you should withdraw is Knightly too."

The newest Dover shipping boots, with mesh inside, are really nice, and still affordable

Quote Originally Posted by Eventer55 View Post
    I have the Dover shipping boots and now after a couple of years the hind boots fall down and come off. Flys andan impatient horse that stamps and kicks with ther hind legs causes these to come off. Once they come down a little she kicks them off.

I need reccomendations for shipping boots, mostly to protect the fetlock and below. I had a horse lacerate his nerve and palkot (sp?) tendon while backing off a trailer, hence I'm a bit paranoid.
    IMO, Lende's offer the best protection. Pricey though - I think VTO has the best price. If you wait until their black Friday sale, you can get an even better deal....

Yes, I have been told about Lende's. Does anyone else have a problem with the Dover boots? My horse is very fine boned, maybe this is the problem.
    RIP Kelly 1977-2007 "Wither thou goest, so shall I"

"To tilt when you should withdraw is Knightly too."

I have the Dover shipping boots as well, and they slide down on my horse. I don't use the hinds at all because she kicks too much, but the fronts will slide down even just walking to the trailer to load! They never did that on my other horse and she's fine-boned and tall, so maybe it's a conformation thing?

Default Does anyone have Amigos?

After seeing the video of the trailer accident in Salt Lake posted in Around the Farm, makes me want to seriously consider using boots with more protection. has anyone used the Amigo boots? My other choice would be the Kensingtons.
    Proudly Owned By Sierra, 2003 APHA/ PtHA Mare