The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Anne Gribbons new US Chef de Equipe

From Robert Dover's blog, http://doversworld.com/blog/2009/08/...my-supporters/ : "I received word last night via E-mail that Anne Gribbons had been selected to become the U.S. Chef d’Equipe / Technical Advisor. Please know that I wish nothing but the best for Anne as well as our teams and that I will always be the proudest supporter of our Dressage Teams.
    I want to thank all those who supported my efforts and let everyone know that I am extremely happy and content with my life of retirement and look forward to many exciting adventures to come."

I thought Chef De Equipe and Team Coach were two different positions - didn't the USA have Jessica Ransehousen and Klaus B in those two job titles?

Congrats, Mrs. Gribbons!

San Ramon/Castro Valley/Brentwood, California

I am sure she is up to the task at hand. I wish her only the best. Whatever I can do (so long as it doesn't involve millions of dollars)---just ask. The focus this endeavor will entail is unreal--and the road long, but she is in the "know" so to speak.

I believe there will be a chef AND a coach (european is my best guess)

The USEF has undertaken the task of outlining and redefining the role that the next US Dressage Chef d’Equipe/National Coach will play in the US Dressage program. With input from a variety of stakeholders, the job description has been finalized. The High Performance dressage athletes played a major role in defining this position and their recommendations were sent to the USEF High Performance Dressage Eligible Athlete committee and the High Performance Dressage committee. This input was considered and utilized by these committees when they drafted the job description. The job description was then finalized by the search committee.

NB; job (singular)

Search for Dressage Chef d’Equipe/National Coach

DRESSAGE CHEF D’EQUIPE/NATIONAL COACH JOB DESCRIPTION

The United States Equestrian Federation (USEF) has launched its search for the next Dressage Chef d’Equipe/National Coach.
    The USEF will accept applications for this position up to May 15, 2009. Please send applications to the attention of Gil Merrick, Managing Director of Dressage Sport Programs at USEF 4047 Iron Works Parkway Lexington, KY 40511.
    The search committee will review the applications and determine which applicants should be interviewed based on their fulfillment of the position requirements. Interviews will be scheduled after May 15, 2009 and will be conducted jointly by the chair of the search committee, members of the USEF High Performance Dressage Eligible Athlete committee and USEF staff. At the conclusion of the interview process the Eligible Athlete committee will put forward the name of their recommended candidate to the search committee. Compensation details will be discussed with applicants during the interview process. Compensation will be commensurate with an applicant’s experience and accomplishments.
    For details about the position and/or the application process, please contact Gil Merrick at (859) 225-6913 or gmerrick@usef.org gmerrick@usef.org.

Default sorry

Equibrit:

that was the original job description I believe.

the committee went back to john long and asked if they could split the positions. I think they may also have changed the requirement that the 'coach' had to live in the USA.

in california last week, they watched at least one candidate (perhaps more?) coach riders in order to evaluate teaching style/ability. pretty sure it wasn't anne, but not positive.

things have been changing so much and so quickly that it's hard to know exactly what will happen! sounds like the committee did a LOT of homework, question asking and soul searching from what I've been told. rumor is that there were 15 hour days...

if anyone on the committee reads this, thank you for all your hard work. you gave a lot of yourselves to help improve American dressage and I hope you know we appreciate it.

adult/amature Guest

Go Anne...

North of the Frozen Tundra, but I can see it from my house.

Perfect!!! Bravo!!!!!

Most likely, efforts to create a chef/national trainer as described above, will meet with a lot of pushback. Most people would probably say they want a chef and a trainer, not one person doing both, and most people I think, would want us to consider people who are not based in the USA.

Oh, good grief, who made this decision? Definitely not the best for the sport in the US. Robert, for all his faults, at least really knows what correct training is, and how to really help upper level riders when he sets his mind to it. I think he would have really settled into helping the high performance riders. If this is the true choice noted above, it is the wrong one.

First off--congratulations to Anne Gribbons.

Second--I have a feeling this is not the end of the U.S. looking for a coach, as opposed to a chef d'equipe, despite the fact that the two words are often used interchangeably.
    one oak, lots of canyons

http://horsesportnews.wordpress.com/

Was Anne the person who came to California last week???

Quote Originally Posted by mickeydoodle View Post
    Robert, for all his faults, at least really knows what correct training is, and how to really help upper level riders when he sets his mind to it. I think he would have really settled into helping the high performance riders. If this is the true choice noted above, it is the wrong one.
    Maybe no one wanted to wait for him to "set his mind" before he could help the upper level riders. RD always seemed a bit high maintenance to me.

But I'm not clear on why you believe Ms. Gribbons isn't the right choice.
    -Amor vincit omnia-

Congratulations to Anne!! I know with her experience and enthusiasum, she will do a great job as chef.

I do believe a coach has also been selected but not announced just yet. I have that from very reliable source. Yes- the USEF did change what they were going to do and the coach is a foreigner.( not a person in recent news to my very limited kowledge)

Maryanna Haymon
    www.marydellfarm.com
    2007 USEF Breeder of the Year!

I think a SUPER choice!

Having been around her as a competitor, ridden before her, she possesses the right temperament, judgment and demeanor to handle this huge task. I have always been impressed by her choice of words to address a situation. She may not say what one wants to hear, but she will say what one needs to hear, and that included me. AND in a way that was clear and balanced with a little humor. I always am glad to see her on a judges panel.

Best of luck to her!

I heard the same as Maryanna, and that USEF was waiting for final contracts to be signed before making an announcement.

At any rate, congrats to Anne on her selection as Chef.

Ah, I see the news is now out on the other thread.