The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default New England CANTER cuties 09 - very fun Salty's Actor update! (post #133)

If I may, I'd like to put in a little plug for a horse who was just CANTER listed this week:

T09-2685-06. TRAINER-OWNED GELDING
    Bay, 15.3 hands, 5 years old

“Salty's Actor” is easy going and will be quite cute once he lets down and fills out. Seems to have the makings of a nice trail/pleasure horse given his temperament!

Price: $1,000 OBO; call Junior 646-645-9549

Salty's Actor in 2009

also his picture from a prior listing: Salty's Actor in 2007

If you've read some of my previous posts, the name Salty's Actor might sound familiar to you...that would be because of the similarity to my own mare Salty's Actress. The two are very closely related, as they share the same sire and broodmare sire.

I've been following Salty's Actor on the track for a couple years --he was once with the same trainer from whom I purchased my Salty girl-- and I can tell you that he really really really wants to be somebody's best friend and trail buddy. My girl absolutely blossomed on the farm, put on weight, is full of character and loves attention -- and I'm sure he will be the same way.

I'm really hoping a nice COTHer will pick him up so I can happily remove him from my virtual stable!

So...which CANTER cuties do you like?????
    Last edited by Barnfairy; Dec. 13, 2009 at 09:35 PM.

I'm in love with Western Sutter, but I just can't afford three horses right now. Will someone else please buy him and let me come visit him?

Salty's Actor is really cute! Wish I could afford another one right now, maybe next year.

He is a nice horse! I took his info/photo - he seems like a very nice guy - no problems when he was brought out for pictures. He was very easy going/quiet. He really needs a home... hint hint Barnfairy . (Or anyone else!!)

If anyone wants to come see any listings from CANTER let us know - we're there every Saturday morning from 8:00 until 11:00 !

(His photo is working for me... on our new website; www.canterne.org).
    "When a horse greets you with a nicker & regards you with a large & liquid eye, the question of where you want to be & what you want to do has been answered." CANTER New England

Unfortunately my barn is full....sigh. I love my little Salty girl so much, if her almost brother is even a smidgen like her I just know he'll make somebody very happy. The new picture is working for me now too! This morning I could get every other horse's picture except Salty boy's, much to my vexation. I'll update the original post.

Oh, my word! Have you seen Kissy Kiss? She's stunning, simply stunning. If wishes were horses, I'd have more.
    Pam

Quote Originally Posted by ptownevt View Post
    Oh, my word! Have you seen Kissy Kiss? She's stunning, simply stunning. If wishes were horses, I'd have more.
    Pam
    She IS gorgeous and has a great temperment! I see her every weekend just because she is so nice so I always stop by and visit . If I had room and money i'd snatch her up along w/ Easter Bunny Boy - also super nice!

There are some that really need to find new homes:

T09-2680-06. TRAINER-OWNED FILLY
    Chestnut, 15.2 hands, 6 years old

“Parade Day” anyone can ride her, doesn't want to run anymore, very easy to deal with, not spooky. Sound but does travel close behind so she has some scars on her. Exercise rider rode by and was very upset she is being listed, loves the mare as she is very sweet.

Asking: $1000 Matthew Clark at 352-875-4044

T09-2651-06. TRAINER-OWNED GELDING
    Blood bay with black points, 15.2 hands, 4 years old

"Wilson Hill" was bred "in the purple" in the bluegrass of Kentucky; his sire, Carson City, is one of the most influential stallions in TB pedigrees. Unfortunately for his connections, Wilson hasn't displayed any of the racetrack talent of his famed relatives, and trainer knows he's better off as a show prospect. He's racing fit now, but still very easy to work around - great looks and a bright future with this guy.

Price: $750 to a good home. Call Matthew Clarke at 352-875-4044.

Basically make an offer . Both nice horses - just not interested in running anymore and need to find homes.
    "When a horse greets you with a nicker & regards you with a large & liquid eye, the question of where you want to be & what you want to do has been answered." CANTER New England

Quote Originally Posted by see u at x View Post
    I'm in love with Western Sutter, but I just can't afford three horses right now. Will someone else please buy him and let me come visit him?
    I checked in with his trainer and he still hasn't sold. I bet they would sell him for cheap

This boy is just stunning!

Light gray with black points, 16 hands 6 years old

"Julie Forsure" looks like a Breyer horse, with his rich coloring and soft, lovely eye.

A trusting and sensitive horse, he was bred and raised by his trainer and has all the makings of a serious show prospect (many of this trainer's horses have gone on to great success in the hunter/jumper and eventing worlds. Trainer can tell he's a far better fit for the show scene than the track, and it's most important to him that "Julie" go to a loving home. This handsome gelding is sound, in excellent health, used to farm life, all let down and relaxed, and ready to find his next career!
    Horse Show Names Free name website with over 6200 names. Want to add? PM me!

Quote Originally Posted by kookicat View Post
    This boy is just stunning!

Light gray with black points, 16 hands 6 years old

"Julie Forsure" looks like a Breyer horse, with his rich coloring and soft, lovely eye.

A trusting and sensitive horse, he was bred and raised by his trainer and has all the makings of a serious show prospect (many of this trainer's horses have gone on to great success in the hunter/jumper and eventing worlds. Trainer can tell he's a far better fit for the show scene than the track, and it's most important to him that "Julie" go to a loving home. This handsome gelding is sound, in excellent health, used to farm life, all let down and relaxed, and ready to find his next career!
    Ah yes another one of my favorites . He is owned by a great trainer who truly cares about where his horses end up . I really need to hit the lottery!

I am apparently getting over the pain of retiring my TB, as I am drooling.

I am ignoring this thread! I am not looking! But let's pretend I did, I would have to say there were way too many I want to take home!!!

Oh man, Buddha Bop is gorgeous.

It always seems that the CANTER horses I like are at the CANTER locations that are far away. I have yet to see anything that catches my eye at the No IL site. ::sadface::

One more before I'm off to Saratoga:

In the same barn as Salty's Actor, there's Spectacular Jr. -- a Spectacular Bid own son!!! Love love love love the Bold Bidders, especially through the Bid. Real sport horse material here!

If anyone from your area is planning a trip to Iowa, please let me know. Long shot, I know There were 3 or 4 on those NE listings that I'd take in a heartbeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Barnfairy View Post
    One more before I'm off to Saratoga:

In the same barn as Salty's Actor, there's Spectacular Jr. -- a Spectacular Bid own son!!! Love love love love the Bold Bidders, especially through the Bid. Real sport horse material here!
    Yup he's a Spectacular Bid son! And he has a very easy going temperment, quiet, no issues whatsoever when brought out for his photo. Just very quiet and relaxed . Should turn into a nice horse for someone!

Quote Originally Posted by asb_own_me View Post
    If anyone from your area is planning a trip to Iowa, please let me know. Long shot, I know There were 3 or 4 on those NE listings that I'd take in a heartbeat!
    I'm sure you could get someone to ship them for you . Any particular one or two or three you are interested in?? Let me know as I'm there all the time !

Ok, I got suckered in...I'm in love with Kissy Kiss. I don't even ride h/j anymore...why am I spending time drooling over CANTER horses? She makes me want to get out my english saddle and ride the jumpers.

Quote Originally Posted by hunt_jumpfl View Post
    Ok, I got suckered in...I'm in love with Kissy Kiss. I don't even ride h/j anymore...why am I spending time drooling over CANTER horses? She makes me want to get out my english saddle and ride the jumpers.
    She is absolutely amazing - she just floats when she walks . And a total steal at $1000! I'd take her in a second if I had money and space .