The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Free On- or Off-Farm Lease on Appendix QH Gelding - CT

I have a 6-yr-old appendix QH gelding available for lease. He's very sweet and honest, but I am looking to do the adult equitation and he's more of a hunter. Here's some info on him:

16 hands, bay gelding, registered appendix QH (looks more like a TB, but has more of a QH mind). Has done baby greens, modifieds and even some beginner divisions with an advanced beginner rider. He is incredibly honest over fences - doesn't blink an eye at new stuff. He can go right into the ring and jump around a course. He knows his changes, although sometimes needs some help balancing to get them...that being said, there are many times when he does them automatically. He is still a little green in the sense that he isn't always straight into and through lines, and he can get a little heavy on the forehand in the corners if allowed to do so - but he's getting better and better with more mileage.

He'd be ideal for an *advanced* beginner or better rider looking to do small courses (up to 2'6"). I say advanced only because as a greenie he does need help with balancing, straightness, etc now and then. He loves going to horse shows and is pretty unflappable. Golf carts, bikes, wild horses, tents - all the things you see at shows don't bother him.

Although I'd love to find someone to do an on-farm lease, I'm open to an off-farm lease to the PERFECT situation. I'm very particular about where he goes and what is done with him because he's my baby . The barn he's currently boarded at is a great place in central CT with an indoor, lighted outdoor and fantastic boarders. But if you can provide the perfect place for him off-farm, let's talk! Photos and video available on request.
    Last edited by Ty2003; Aug. 11, 2009 at 11:15 AM. Reason: added location

bump

Hi! I'm very interested if your QH gelding is still for lease. Can you please email me at kwhorsesarelife@gmail.com
    thanks so much!
    Kelsie

Does he like trail riding? we have a green pony that is just a wee bit to sharp for his rider. But trail riding comes first, showing a distant second.

Thanks!

Hey guys, I saw this thread as well, as I'm looking for a horse...

However, this thread was posted in August 2009-almost 3 YEARS AGO....Hopefully he's found a home by now!!