The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Thumbs up Hunter Pace Series (VA) - Bull Run, Casanova, Farmington, and Rappahannock

Bull Run, Farmington, Casanova, and Rappahannock Hunts will be hosting a Fun Hunter Pace Series this Fall!!!

Please see the link below for information and registration

http://tinyurl.com/BRHFunHunterPace.

Oh I want to do one of these. Is it like a paper chase? I have a great horse who will do anything for me, but I want to get a fellow friend/boarder, who just bought a lovely hunter, to try this. I want to get this lady OUT of the ring for heaven's sake. Do you think it will be OK for someone who is more of a beginner outside of the ring? I don't know how much she plans on jumping in the field, probably minimal

These are great for people that just want to take it easy. We get tons of western and endurance riders that just come out to see the country. ALL the jumps are optional and at the Bull Run Pace there are MANY that are only 18"-2' (not sure about the other hunts, would love to hear from some of their riders). This is a great time to practice crossing streams, etc b/c you can just take as long as you want schooling a particular part (there are people that are trying for awards but everyone is super friendly about passing and helping). I use this to get some juniors out on their horses and thinking about hunt field skills. Great time to practice moving about in a group of horses, calling out "wares", waiting in line to jump, cross streams, passing, etc. Hope you can make some!

I'm going to do my best to get a team together for the Casanova one because it's literally right up the road from where I board. Plus, they were so nice to me when I came out cubbing with them last year, so it's a great opportunity to support their event. It sounds like fun!
    "It is not necessary for you to let everyone know everything about you. In fact, it is probably wise that you don't. There are some things that you need only discuss with God."

The Rappahannock course is the same as the pairs race course from the spring except we are adding a loop to it that was not there in the spring. Elmwood Farm is a great place for it with rolling terrain and a variety of jumps. The biggest is about 3' and there are several smaller jumps. There are a couple of water crossings on the course.

Just wondering if anyone will be at the one next weekend at Acorn Farm. If so, I'd love to say "hi" to you guys. This will be the first time I'm taking one of my own horses out for something like this, so I'm pretty excited...and nervous. The horse I rode last year for cubbing is now with someone from the Warrenton or Casanova Hunt (can't remember which), so I'm kind of missing my security blanket!
    "It is not necessary for you to let everyone know everything about you. In fact, it is probably wise that you don't. There are some things that you need only discuss with God."

see u at x: Love your quote!!

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry roan View Post
    see u at x: Love your quote!!
    Thank you so much!