The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Horse Show Diva

Has it met the same demise as Horse Show Spy?
    Smileys, the internet's botox

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

Yeah. They are both sleeping with the fishes at the moment.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have,
    at this moment, been thrown up from below!

Quote Originally Posted by LexInVA View Post
    Yeah. They are both sleeping with the fishes at the moment.
    I just think it's funny because the "Divas" were so confident about not going down like HSS did. Right before it went down, I think there was a post about a thread getting deleted because of legal action, I guess that mushroomed into closing down the whole site.
    Smileys, the internet's botox

The Southern California freeway system, stuck in an endless commute

Pride cometh and all that. Best not to tick off too many people lest you get outed to other people with lawyers.
    Congratulate me! My CANTER cutie is an honor student at Goofball University!

This subject is not open to discussion here. Another thread, which I started with info regarding legal action against them, was closed with a very good reason. This is a horsey site and best to keep it that way, lest we go the way of Diva with all it's filth. I agree with the mods who want to keep this site, shall we say, clean.

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

Quote Originally Posted by Delaneythehorsegirl View Post
    I just think it's funny because the "Divas" were so confident about not going down like HSS did. Right before it went down, I think there was a post about a thread getting deleted because of legal action, I guess that mushroomed into closing down the whole site.
    The thing about those sites like Horseshow Diva and Horseshow Spy, is that they tend to do it every so often after they cause a stir to wait out any potential legal problems. The domains and such are registered anonymously via proxy so nobody can do anything against them unless they get the hosting company to furnish the financial information of whomever is paying the bills so to speak and that requires a court order these days though some companies will furnish it without any legal prodding if you say the right things. Usually it's just a matter of notifying the hosting company that they are violating the hosting agreement either via their use of the website or by charging for access to the website which requires specific hosting plans. That's one reason why certain forums are now private, to prevent people from simply looking and calling the authorities.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have,
    at this moment, been thrown up from below!

Hi folks ~

It's generally fine to note that another site is closed or ask what's going on if that site's customer service is down, but particularly in this type of situation, the threads typically start getting into addressing the type of content on those sites, the parties involved, etc. And since we do try to keep things a little less dramatic here and more focused on actual horse discussions vs. various BB antics, we'll head this one off before it gets there.

We'll close the thread, but hopefully others curious about the fate of that site will use the search function and find this thread for an answer.

Thanks!
    Mod 1