The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Paddock Boots size 6 1/2 needed for at-risk 11 yr old girl

I run an informal mentoring program through my church. My most recent "little sister" is a tall 11 yr old who has been coming out to the barn with me on and off for about a year. She's had a rough start, being taken away from her mom several times, living in foster homes and with her grandparents. She's now back at home with her mom, but the early years have taken their toll and she has anxiety issues. Going out to the barn with me gives her such a sense of peace and something she can control, being "in charge" of the pony is priceless to her. Her mother is a single mom of 4, and because of that, there are NO funds to pay for riding lessons, let alone any gear, so I'm trying to help out. I took her last week to buy her a brand new helmet, and she was sooo happy! I'm giving her informal lessons on a large pony of mine who seems to be (for the moment) cooperating. I have a friend that is willing to give her some lessons on her "real lesson pony". Now she needs some paddock boots to ride safely in a saddle. Might someone here have a nicely used paddock boot size 6 1/2 womens (or whatever the equivalent would be in kid's size) they'd be willing to ship? All mine are 8 1/2 and she's not quite there yet. Thought I'd throw it out there.... TIA!
    Last edited by Dune; Aug. 6, 2009 at 07:09 PM.

I have a pair, almost brand new. pm me if you still need them.

WOW!!!! I just sent you a PM. She will be soooo excited!! Thanks SO much!

Well, there are some VERY generous folks on this board and lovethekeys23 is one of them. The paddock boots arrived in like brand new condition and they fit my "little sister" just perfectly. She was thrilled and rode in her first "real lesson" today and had such a good time. Thanks SO MUCH!!!!

She looked great in her boots! A real horse girl now There are some great people on here!

You are very welcome!