The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Robert Dover looking for a bit of help.........

Last edited by Equibrit; Aug. 6, 2009 at 05:13 PM.

Thanks for the link Equibrit. Amazing story. That kid needs a pony, for sure!

Let's get crossposting, people!
    "The standard you walk by is the standard you accept."--Lt. Gen. David Morrison, Austalian Army Chief

Rebelshope Guest

I put it on a miniature horse site.

Not to dampen any enthusiasm to help - which I'm sure is always appreciated - as would be a perfect pony for the program...

But you might want to check with Sharing village before searching too high or low for that pony. They lost Boxcar Willie last winter and there have been several rounds of the same 'we're looking for a special pony for a special program' e-mails and lots of feelers went out in newsletters and personally in the local and not so local area. I'm not sure if these were new messages from the source or those mysterious reappearing recycled messages when someone new finds out about their terrific work.

They may still have need of a pony or have new needs for a pony, but please... check with them first. It would be awful to get someone excited about donating to a great program only to have the program full and having to turn down the offer. So check with the source

One other thing - and this is from me having worked with other therapeutic programs not from Sharing Village, please, if you do plan to pursue donation to a therapeutic program make sure the animal is able and fit to work for the program. These programs are lesson programs, not retirement homes for horses with issues. The students and teachers need to know that the pony will be there and ready to work when they come for a lesson. If your horse or pony is ready to retire to a field with an occasional outing a couple of times a month, a therapy program is probably not right for them

sharingVillage Groups, Programs For Life
    A New Jersey 501 c 3 Not for Profit Corporation
    PO BOX 682 Far Hills, New Jersey 07931
    908 234 0101 fax
    908 295 0949 cell