The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Thumbs up Pleasure/fun trail ride at Morven Park, Leesburg, VA on 31 OCT

There will be a pleasure/fun trail ride at Morven Park in Leesburg, VA on Saturday 31 October 2009. The ride is hosted by the Virginia Appaloosa Horse Club ( www.va4apps.com ) and TROT (www.trot-md.org) members are welcome on the ride (please ensure you are a member of one of these groups to participate). The ride will be approx 5 miles long through Morven Park ( http:// w w w . m o r v e n p a r k . o r g / equestrian_center.php ). Ms. Shannon Pedlar, who is the Director of Events on the staff of Morven Park Equestrian Center is our ride leader/guide. The ride will have an 11:00AM start, so it will warm up a bit and have us back between 12:30- 1:00PM so folks can then enjoy tailgate lunches. All riders will have to pay a $20 grounds fee to Morven Park and sign liability release forms. Trailers will park in the front field off of Tutt Lane and there will be water and port-o-potties available.

The ride will be a relaxing ride- mostly walk, some short trot stretches where the going is
    good. Footing is generally superb and we will be avoiding the rocky areas of the park (by request). Morven Park is a 1000 acre facility with beautiful grounds. Folks won't have to contend with fall hunters and the foliage should hopefully be beautiful. I have reserved a five horse trailer wi t h Ho r s e J i t n e y ( h t t p : / / www.horsejitney.com/) for this event should anyone from Howard County wish to share the costs of a hired trailer ride for the day.
    You can send me a PM for more info or to let me know you will be attending.
    Appy Trails,
    Kathy & Cadet
    member CDCTA www.cdcta.com, TROT www.trot-md.org & Free State Appaloosa Horse Club freestateaphc.org

bump-away!
    Appy Trails,
    Kathy & Cadet
    member CDCTA www.cdcta.com, TROT www.trot-md.org & Free State Appaloosa Horse Club freestateaphc.org

I'm coming ! I'm coming !

Having seen the property from the clinic side and the show grounds side, i am looking forward to seeing the rest of it.

*star*
    "Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit."
    - Desiderata, (c) Max Ehrman, 1926

Me too!!
    There is no snooze button on a cat that wants breakfast.

For those of you that can't make it on the 31st, there is also a Loudoun Horse Association ride there on Sunday, October 18th. You can find out info about it at www.loudounhorseassociation.org. It's a fundraising event and 100% of the proceeds will go to public equestrian facilities in Loudoun County, so a good cause!

We, unfortunately, aren't sure we can make that ride, so the 31st sounds great! Baylady, do we need to join Trot to ride (we don't have any Appaloosas )?
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Confucious
    <>< I.I.

Hi Jazz
    You will need to be a member of one of the clubs. TROT has free memberships for the rest of the year and I will have forms there. You can join VAApHC even if you do not have an Appy. We have quite a few non-Appy folks and have programs (open show points, saddle log, etc) for non-Appy folks as well. Glad you will be able to make it!!! Do me a favor and send me an email at baylady7 at AOL dot com so I can send a confirmation email to you. I will be sending one out this weekend for all who have contacted me and probably one more right before the ride.
    Appy Trails,
    Kathy & Cadet

I just realized that I have a farrier appointment 10/31. I'm going to see if I can change it today, then I'll send you the email. Thanks!
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Confucious
    <>< I.I.

Sounds like fun! I have already made plans to go to my first fox hunt with a friend. It seems that this time of year there are more things scheduled than I can actually get to.

Default Isn't that the same date as the Horse sale?

Virginia Hunter & Sport Horse fall sale is the same day; must be why we have to park in the front field.

I want to attend the auction, might even bid/buy, who knows?

Just what I need, another horse to carry through the winter with no indoor ring.

Talking

Hi Buttrcups,

You are right- that is why we are in the front field. Originally when the date was set earlier this summer there was absolutely nothing else going on there. However with the sale going on, we will ride out of the front field (plenty of space there).

I am sending out a ride info email tonight. If anyone on the BB who has RSVPed that they would like to attend does NOT receive it, pls PM me with your email address and I will make sure you receive a copy.

Thanks all!!!
    Appy Trails,
    Kathy & Cadet

one last bump...hoping for good weather!!!
    Appy Trails,
    Kathy & Cadet