The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default WMA Walk on Water- Found a home!

This guy was given to his current owner in very thin condition and he is now turned out on the farm gaining weight. He has been trail ridden at fairhill and she said he was quiet and brave. Sound with no issues. Located in Middletown, Delaware.
    Sire: Falina des Fabries
    Dam: Wilorlenka
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/1183341...7618588930933/
    Last edited by Jleegriffith; Aug. 23, 2009 at 07:32 PM.

Any more info on this guy? Is he gelded? How recent are the pics? Is he for adoption, free lease, sale, or give away? How is his disposition on the ground?

Thanks, Jen

Jen,
    He is not my horses but PM me and I will give you her contact info. Yes, he is gelded and she said he was a giveaway to a good home. Sound, sweet, rides quiet and easy to handle for what she described to me. I just took the pics last weekend so he is still in rough condition but apparently is gaining quickly.

Awwwww! He's thin, but, he's a cutie. I hope he finds a good new home soon.
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.

How tall is he?

I guess the Arab lover in me keeps going back to this post! This guy looks like he is well bred and I belive I found information on the sire: http://www.racestreet.com/stallions/...esfabries.html
    "Gallop as if you were to die tomorrow, jump as if you were to live forever."

Lucky Dog- I would estimate him at about 15 h when I was standing next to him. I spoke with his owner this morning and she said he is eating well and gaining weight.

I keep thinking of this boy and what a nice horse he would make for someone. My friend Lisa found this information on him for me:

Here is his race record:
    RACE RESULTS - Life Earnings: $4,708 Life Starts: 22
    Data compliments of the Arabian Jockey Club (AJC).

Year Country Starts Firsts Seconds Thirds Placed Stakes Win Stakes Placed Earnings
    2009 USA 5 5 $862.00
    2008 USA 9 2 7 $2,775.00
    2007 USA 6 4 $576.00
    2006 USA 2 1 $495.00

He has a French Arab Dad and Polish Mom.

hunterqueen- I think you need him

Wink

I know.... I keep looking to see if someone snatched him up yet. LOL

hunterqueen please take him so I can stop looking and thinking about it.

If only I can talk my husband into it! LOL He is a really well bred race horse but I guess he just isn't meant to run; that what I like about him! He seems to have clean legs from what I see and it is nice that he also already been out to Fair Hill so he has a good mind......

Jess, I could possibly help out, but may need help placing a mare. The mare I took from Penn with the broken knee has progressed to small area turnout in my indoor, but her attitude leaves a lot to be desired. She's definitely the mare that needs a different situation then she's currently in... She's an attention hog and with what I have on the farm, I simply can't give her all the attention. She's still on the skinny side too, but we didn't want to put it on so quick while she was healing with the knee. She was 3 legged when she arrived
    R.I.P. Barbaro
    Good luck Nicanor & Lentenor !

Bump for the boy!

You should post this boy on endurance.net's classified section. Alot of endurance folks like that breeding....

Someone really needs to take this guy.

If DH didn't say the next horse I get has to be something he can ride I would be attempting to bring him home. As of right now DH is not to happy about my horses when I told him what I just paid for this years hay.

Well I will continue to watch him in the hopes of a great home coming along.

You know, we haven't even moved into our farm yet, and I'm already scouring the giveaways for a horse to fill the third stall.

I'd love a little arabian to take to the Arab shows and this guy looks really cute. His back is a little long, but overall, I really like his conformation. I hope he finds a home soon...like before the end of September at which point I might be REALLY tempted!

So, this is just a long way of bumping this back up to the top!

I was told this guy found a home but his owner gave me the number of a few arabian trainers at Delaware Park if anybody is still looking.

Thanks everyone!

Thats Great!

I really was waiting to read the post stating he had found a home. If only Dh didn't decide that he wanted an easy going horse for himself I would of jumped on the chance for this guy.

Hope all works out well for him.

Default walks on water

cheeto (formally wma walks on water) is doing very well. he does everything from pony horse work to trail rides, cross country competing and even lets kids ride him now1