The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Is there a way to search for USEF records going back to 2000?

Just curious if there's a way to search USEF records prior to 2004? 2004 seems to be the last year you can search for results?

Thanks!

If you are doing it from the points standing page you can just change the "2004" in the address line on your browser into "2000". I'm not sure if there is a way to get earlier results from a horse report page.

Quote Originally Posted by imnotclever View Post
    Just curious if there's a way to search USEF records prior to 2004? 2004 seems to be the last year you can search for results?

Thanks!
    Not online through the results function. But if you email them I'd bet they can help you.

But if you know the division and the year you can adjust the url and retrieve end of year standings.

Below is a link to the 2005 standings in Zone 2 for Adult Amateur jumpers.

"www.usef.org/_IFrames/pointsAwards/points/pointsDisplayM.aspx?year=2005&zone=2&section=3502"

To go backwards and look at a previous year change the date field to the year you are interested in. The example below is the same zone and division but will retrieve 1999's year end standings.

"www.usef.org/_IFrames/pointsAwards/points/pointsDisplayM.aspx?year=1999&zone=2&section=3502"

I've put quotes around the url's and removed the http:// portion of the url to make sure that the entire string shows up in this post.
    The http:// part goes in the front of the string.

Once you retrieve the end of year standings you can click on the horse you are interested in and you will get show results but no points for individual shows.

Some division have had changes in the code number that ID's the division so you do have to be creative sometimes. But in many cases the data is available back to 1999.

Thank you so much for the instructions! That helped a lot and I don't think I would have thought to do it that way on my own.

Thanks again!