The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Free to good home-Female Tri-color Corgi

I am trying to find a home for an approx. 3 y/o tri-colored corgi female (primarily black w/ palomino edges and white markings/feet). Sophie was running through the streets of the town where I work, so I took her in to keep her from being hit by a car. Animal Control never got any calls, so I am guessing she was dropped off. I am the only one at work that lives on a large ranch, so I pulled the short straw to take her. She is a dear, and quite affectionate.

Anyway, our household always seems to be in chaos with a child and our crazy work schedules and "Sophie" needs a quiet home with a responsible adult. She doesn't have much herding instinct and prefers to snooze the day away, although playful at times. She is excellent with other dogs, cats and children, but doesn't handle storms/thunder well and is quite stressed by them. She is happiest to go into her crate during storms.

I prefer that she goes to a home with adults or an older child at the least, with a fenced yard. I will include her crate (like new), bedding and food bowl to ease in the transition. She is not spayed, but is current on her shots.

I am located in NE Oklahoma, but would be willing to meet someone in Missouri, Kansas or Arkansas within a reasonable distance.

Heather
    brokenarrowdj@yahoo.com

Too bad you're in OK! If there was a way to transport her to PA, my parents would take her.
    Cherry Blossom Farm - Show & Field Hunters, Side Saddles

Default my friend is looking for one

I will forward this message directly to her.

Genevieve939 Guest

Hello,

I am very interested in Sophie! I have one very sweet/calm female corgi (Ruby) who has been lost without her older corgi buddy that had to be put down last winter (which broke both of our hearts).

I do work full time, but come home at lunch to take Ruby for a long walk. She also has access to a fenced yard when I'm home. I live by myself so it's a pretty quiet/peaceful atmosphere. Of course, we do get our share of visitors and have met some other dog friends in the neighborhood - so there's plenty of stimulation too.

It sounds like this might make a great match - I am located in the Black Hills of SD. I'm not sure how far that might be from you, but I would be willing to travel.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions/what the next step might be.

Thank you!
    Genevieve

Default Is there an update on Sophie?

Just wondering if you've found a home for Sophie yet.

Hi all

Sophie has found a loving, responsible home that happens to have another female Corgi. She went for a visit Saturday to make sure she got along with the family's other Corgi and everything was great!

Thanks everyone for the interest!