The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Holsteiner gurus, is my mare registrable?

I have bought a mare by Beaulieu's Conquest (Corrado I x Calando I) out of a Accord II x Galvano mare.

Is my mare registrable with the AHHA althought Conquest does'nt seem to be approved with them ?

Thanks in advance.

I don't think so, then again I am definitely not a Holsteiner guru. What is the horse currently registered as? Did you get her from Ferme Beaulieau? Then she has a Luxembourg and CWB registry? If you would like to breed holsteiners I think you can always have her inspected and approved for breeding. They breed very nice horse so I imagine she would be approved by AHHA if you brought her to an inspection.

Yes she comes from Ferme Beaulieu.
    And yes my question is could she be approved for breeding ?
    TIA

Check with the AHHA.... My mare was not registerable with them. Her mother was an approved TB and her father was registered Holsteiner but was never approved for breeding. He was approved BWP and that's what she was registered and branded as.

I did take her to the AHHA mare approvals though last year. She's registered BWP but she's in the MMP book of the AHHA.

Find out what breeding approvals the stallion did have and register her there. Then take her to the AHHA inspection if you want to breed Holsteiners....