The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default It's a deal! My new horse...

So, the "prepurchase" happened today and I have a new horse. So excited! I knew that my next step (as my 4th level horse is aging--not old, just aging) would be that I would eventually sell him to someone he could help along, and get myself something new. The plan was to get something else "upper level" and continue up the path to the silver, or get a REALLY nice young horse and start over.

Well, I got a really fancy young horse. The best part? He's 5, so we can start really riding/showing without having to wait for any growing up. Oh, the other best part? My other horse was purchased by someone at the barn, so I can still ride him occasionally, and give him his favorite horse cookies.

He's a Hungarian WB, which I had never heard of before, and he's so cute. He's got a 10 walk, a nice trot, and a TDF canter. I hope to bring him to the Labor of Love show in Raleigh and do a few Training tests on him, and maybe the fall Pinehurst show too.

The only downside...poor Grayarabpony won't be able to find me easily now and "meet me". This horse is a plain brown wrapper (SO much easier to keep clean than a pinto!!!!!) ((and BTW, GAP, I'm kidding ))

I'll see if I can find a picture--oh wait, he's on the Summervale Farm website, page 2 of sold horses, last on the bottom, as a 3 year old. And no, the info there is not me, that would be the person who originally bought him.
    Last edited by Pony Fixer; Aug. 3, 2009 at 05:51 PM. Reason: grammar
    From now on, ponyfixer, i'll include foot note references.

Congrats! I am also an owner of one of those Hungarian things. Love my little mare to death, temperament and trainability to die for. Please post pics.
    "You gave your life to become the person you are right now. Was it worth it?" Richard Bach

Last on the bottom is a horse born in 1996. A name would be helpful as the page numbers are weird--like it starts on page 2. Just curious!
    2012 goal: learn to ride like a Barn Rat

A helmet saved my life.

Duh, Bravo. Sold horses, page 2, bottom. Right after a pinto filly.

Congratulations, Pony Fixer!!!! I can't wait to see your "new ride" at Raleigh!!

Sandy in Fla.

Congratulations! Looks like they have some nice horses there!
    "Reite dein Pferd vorwärts und richte es gerade.” Gustav Steinbrecht

Congratulations, PF!

I love the (only 3) Weltmeyer mares I have known (ed: ref to damline of the horse). Good friend just bought one last year - same size- big gaits in a small pkg. great temperament too.

Have fun with your lovely guy!
    Last edited by egontoast; Aug. 5, 2009 at 05:05 AM.

Love Hungarian horses... those folks know how to breed horses May be going to Hungary with my dad this month (going to check out some Arabian breeding programs if the trip cements)... along with scouting out our pre-Hungarian Revolution hometown/roots...

\"For all those men who say, \"Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free,\" here\'s an update for you: Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage. Why? Because women realize it\'s not worth buying an entire pig just to get a little sausage.\"-

I am totally in love. While only 15.2-3, he's got a HUGE walk and canter, and the trot is not bad either! I'm 5'6" and he's not too small for me by any stretch. I suspect a lot of winning will come our way if we can stay in the ring . And in a few years if my daughter wants to ride he'll be small enough for her (she's 3 and loves to brush him now).

The Summervale Farm program (Jennifer Williams) seems to really produce some really nice horses, and I'm glad to be a part!

He's lovely! Congratulations! May you have many happy years with him!

Default Wow,

He is simply gorgeous!!!!

BZ Guest

I hope you both win lots! Good luck in Raliegh, see you next year at the GAIGs

Hey BZ, welcome to the dark side. You'd better find your forward button, 'cause I'm going for gold (er, blue).

grayarabpony isn't poor and she doesn't want to meet you anyway. (and no, I'm not kidding. )