The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Chiropractic work in central NC

Can you tell me who does your chiropractic work in the Raleigh/Durham area?

Thanks

Dr. Jim Meyer
    Noose River Veterinary Hospital
    www.pinkhorseperformance.com
    Begin as you mean to continue.

Greg Wilder is good, he doesn't call himself a chiropractor though. I think he charges $100.

Blades Mcknight is excellent, but will charge an arm and a leg. She quoted me $200 for the first visit, and it ended up nearly $400. If you stay on top of her and make sure she's not doing a lot of extra stuff (she'll just pull out the acupuncture kit without even asking), she's worth it.

Some people recommend Susan Chandler, but I thought she was pretty useless. She spent 5 minutes on each horse, and there was hardly a difference. She didn't even spend that much time looking at the individual horses, just put them in the cross ties and poked them a little. Blades and Greg are much better, IMO.

Dr. Meyer, Nuese River Veterinary .Knightdale
    Speak kind words,receive kind echos

Default Excuse me but whaaaaaaaaaat?!

"Greg Wilder is good, he doesn't call himself a chiropractor though. I think he charges $100.

Blades Mcknight is excellent, but will charge an arm and a leg. She quoted me $200 for the first visit, and it ended up nearly $400. If you stay on top of her and make sure she's not doing a lot of extra stuff (she'll just pull out the acupuncture kit without even asking), she's worth it.

Some people recommend Susan Chandler, but I thought she was pretty useless. She spent 5 minutes on each horse, and there was hardly a difference. She didn't even spend that much time looking at the individual horses, just put them in the cross ties and poked them a little. Blades and Greg are much better, IMO. "

Coppers Mom--I know these people and your comments on this public forum are not only factually incorrect but they are well beyond the boundries of ethical behavior! You cavalierly impugne the reputations of mutiple professionals (not to mention stallions whose owners depend on those reputations to get future breedings!) without so much as a careless backward glance at the carnage you leave in your wake. It is irresponsible of you at best and potentially libelous at worst.

Perhaps you don't realize how you come across but please consider taking a deep breath and re-reading and perhaps re-WRITING your posts before hitting "reply" before you cause irreparable damage to someone's reputation and professional life. Your profile says you are in NC and work at a breeding farm. Be careful Sarah, you are not anonymous here or in the community where you live and work; words have a way of coming back and biting us when we least expect them or wish them to.

You clearly have strong opinions and there's nothing wrong with that on the surface. However, you have an obligation to be truthful and polite in a public forum, and should you have something negative to say about a horse, a rider, a trainer or another professional, remember the law of unintended consequences, and the bitter taste of regret words spoken in haste can bring.

I wish you well and hope you will afford others the same courtesy.

Dr. Libby Engel
    Carolina Animal Chiropractic

Absolutely LOVE her and so does my horse

Quote Originally Posted by MediaMD View Post
    Coppers Mom--I know these people and your comments on this public forum are not only factually incorrect but they are well beyond the boundries of ethical behavior! You cavalierly impugne the reputations of mutiple professionals (not to mention stallions whose owners depend on those reputations to get future breedings!) without so much as a careless backward glance at the carnage you leave in your wake. It is irresponsible of you at best and potentially libelous at worst.
    Right, because I'm completely making things up

Here's a newsflash: things have to be untrue to be considered libel/slander. The things I said are factually correct, so get over it. She asked for opinions, and there is nothing unethical about saying someone is good but expensive, or I didn't think they did anything at all.

What I find unethical is promoting a stallion or service when it clearly doesn't live up to it's claims. I am really sick of the oohing and aahhing that goes on about a mediocre stud and his offspring just because you know the owner or horse. There are lots of nice stallions, but not all of them pass it on. There's nothing wrong with that, but there is something wrong with knowing his get aren't all that great, and pretending they are anyways. Same with services. I know how hard it is to swallow paying X amount of money, and realize that nothing's actually improved. I know how easy it is to try and convince yourself that something really did. But I'm not going to endorse someone if I feel like they've done nothing at all just because I spent a lot of money and wish that I had noticed a difference.

I'm sorry if you're offended by my stating my experiences, or being open about what a stallion really throws. Because I don't own any of the stallions or their foals, I find that I don't form the barn-blind type of opinion that owners often do. Sorry the truth bothers you.

Edited to add: Just checked out my profile to make sure I really hadn't put name, workplace, etc in it. I didn't. Why didn't you just say you'd figured out where I worked from what I posted (It's pretty well known that I work at a breeding farm), and my name from a PM? That's just a bit hypocritical, telling me I'm lying about things I've paid for, and then you going and pretending I don't know what I put in my own profile. It's odd that you'd go on about my lack of anonymity, when you've got your age, location, and tons of family information in your profile, IMO.
    Last edited by Coppers mom; Aug. 4, 2009 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by roki143 View Post
    Dr. Libby Engel
    Carolina Animal Chiropractic

Absolutely LOVE her and so does my horse
    Ditto! Have used her for a few years, in fact seeing her today for a few horses in my barn. Very reasonably priced and her rates haven't changed in years. She is more than happy to explain what she's doing or answer any questions, the changes she's noticed, and recommends exercises to make improvements.

Dr Ellen Tinsley
    Hoofbeats Veterinary

Love her.. She adjusts the entire horse, not just the back and neck and front legs. She also can do accpuncture if you need for that done as well, but always asks before she does it. She spends a lot of time understanding what you plan to do with the horse before she starts.
    Marquetry Magic - "E-Bay" 11MAR1995 - 27DEC2008 - RIP wonderful boy

We use Dr. Karla Christy out of Salisbury. She's very good and doesn't charge a fortune but I'm not sure how far she travels.
    **Friend of bar.ka**

Fils Du Reverdy (Revy)- 1993 Selle Francais Gelding
    My equine soulmate

Dr. Means at 3-H vet does chiro work, but she has injured her arm. I don't know how long she will be out. Also, I don't know how much Blades McKnight charges, but I used her about 4 years ago as a vet, she was really good with the horses and took a genuine interest in their well being.

I hear Animal Krackers is good, but I believe they are based out of Charlotte area and travel...