The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Love Pebble Beach!

I just have to take a moment to brag about my DD and how well she did with her new horse during two weeks at Pebble Beach. We got the horse in January and he turned 7 in May and the two of them are turning into such a great team.

The first week at Pebble Beach she had a 2nd in PCHA 14 and under and it was only her second time ever jumping 3'3" at a show. Her other success that she was so proud of was the $2,500 Children's Hunter Chase. There were 29 in the class and she went first! She had never done a course with 12 jumps that included hay and split rails. They ended up 3rd and it was the first time she ever got to do a victory gallop. I have never seen a happier 15 year old girl in my life.

She was only going to show one week, but convinced my DH and I to let her stay for the second week as she had done so well and earned money. I had to come back to work so I did not get to watch her go this past weekend, but fortuneately my DH was there. DD improved in Children's Hunters and had a 2nd, 3rd and 4th I believe. She won the Taylor Harris Medal and was 4th in the PCHA. But once again she improved in the Children's Hunter Chase and was 2nd out of 23 this week!

We had a great time at the show and staying in Carmel and all of our barn was very successful. DD is sad that there won't be a show at Pebble next year as she has decided that it is both her favorite placeto show and her horse's too. And I can not say enough about her wonderful horse. He is such a pro at this already and just knows his job even though he is only 7. He is the best TB around!

Congratulations! I love showing at PB. That whole area is so beautiful and there's so much fun stuff to do.

Sounds like you bought yourself a winner...your daughter must be thrilled!

How dare you not have pictures!! lol

Congrats to your daughter and her new horse!! Looks like she found the perfect partner
    Theater Majors only: Lead swap, lead swap, wherefore art thou, lead swap?
    http://www.youtube.com/user/CraziiPonii

DH has lots of pictures of the two of them. I will post some as soon as he gets them off the camera.

Member of both the Southern California and Michigan clique - currently residing in Grand Rapids, MI

Congratulations! Pebble Beach is my all time favorite place to show (although I admit this is in part due to those waffles at the horse show and the proliferation of nice restaurants in the area!).

We want pictures. Kudos for letting her stay the extra week. What nice parents!

Justice - I never did try the waffles although they smelled amazing whenever I walked by to get a mocha. I agree about the restaurants in the area. My DH and I had a lovely dinner in Carmel a week ago at a place called PortaBella. We walked there (about 20 minutes) from the house we were staying in and on the way back we got lost as it was dark and foggy and we went past the street we were suppose to turn on. May also have been the wine we had! We asked some locals out walking their dogs and made it back to the house safely. It really is a fun place to go for a summer horseshow especially with the cooler weather. The kids and the horses all loved it.