The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Coth help needed! Show with 3' Hunter class needed for August 8th

My DD qualified for districts in 4-H. We did a prep show today at Woodedge but I would really like to get another show in before August 15th ( day of districts) We have a conflict and can't go to any on August 9th. We live in Lancaster PA. I am willing to drive up to an hour and a half away. Does anyone know of a show that date that has a 3' division. She is 16 but I don't care if it is open or not. Rated or unrated is fine. 3' is the important part besides the date.
    I appreciate any help you can give me!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by gusbabe View Post
    My DD qualified for districts in 4-H. We did a prep show today at Woodedge but I would really like to get another show in before August 15th ( day of districts) We have a conflict and can't go to any on August 9th. We live in Lancaster PA. I am willing to drive up to an hour and a half away. Does anyone know of a show that date that has a 3' division. She is 16 but I don't care if it is open or not. Rated or unrated is fine. 3' is the important part besides the date.
    I appreciate any help you can give me!
    Thanks!
    Tomorrow out at Quentin there is a local show sponsored by the local tack shop, there is one 3' classthere, no braiding required. If you can quickly clean up the kid and horse( pony?) they start at 8:30 am! Its the last class of the day so you would not have to rush out in the morning!
    here is the link to the prize list
    http://www.quentinridingclub.com/Shows/CrossRoad.pdf

hope it helps!
    Kim
    If you are lucky enough to ride, you are lucky enough.

The only thing i know of going on the weekend of the 8th is Heritage acres on the 9th, that is out in Carlisle, PA. But im assuming that may be farther than and hour and a half for you. And Sussex County goes from the 3rd-9th, although thats a pretty big A, there is definitely a 3' class that you can do. Even our local unrated association is not having a horse show, and they do almost every weekend.
    P=N
    If you run out of patience, you run out of nice.

theres an unrated show (i think it's unrated..) at The Ridge farm in asbury nj. on august 8 that has children's hunter horses which is 3'..
    (|--Sarah--|)

Blitz <3 & Leap of Faith <3

Default may be outside your driving area...

but there's a show at Hunting Ground Farm that day, with at least Working Hunter at 3'. unrated, part of a local association.

Directions: http://huntinggroundfarm.com/ scroll down to bottom of page

Class List: http://hhsamd.tripod.com/2009_hgf_aug_8_entry.pdf

hope this helps some!
    Last edited by KLS; Aug. 2, 2009 at 02:00 AM. Reason: re-read: right w/in driving area

There's one at Baymar in Morganville, NJ...probably more than 90 mins from you. It's C rated, I'm sure they have Children's, I don't know about any open divisions

bumping this

There is a schooling show at Yarmouth Stables in West Grove, PA on Saturday, August 8th (it was an addition to the series). Big rings, good footing and nice jumps (decorated with lots of flowers and brush). Schooling Hunters at 2'9 to 3'.

Default Coth'ers are amazing!!

Once again the COTH board came through!
    Thanks so much! We have many options, all within a distance I am willing to drive!
    I knew about Sussex county but had forgotten it was this week. All of the rest I had never heard of before! Awesome! We have lots of choices!
    Thank you again!

West Milford Equestrian is having one Tuesday August 11 with a C-Rated Children's Hunter division

http://westmilfordequestrian.com/uset_binder_809.pdf
    TIMBERRIDGE SPORTHORSES:
    www.timberridgesporthorses.com
    --> Just Press Start // '99 Oldenburg
    --> Always The Optimist (reg. Simply Stylin) // '02 Thoroughbred