The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Vendors at KY

I'll be heading up next Monday and coming back Tuesday (have to pick up a horse) and will be back up for Derby Finals at the end of the month. Who are the vendors so I'll know how much money I need to be saving? Think they'll be open on that Monday/Tuesday?
    "are you yawning? You don't ride well enough to yawn...I can yawn, because I ride better than you, Meredith Michael Beerbaum can yawn, you, not so much..." George Morris in Camden, SC

They most likely won't be open this monday/tuesday but are usually open on tuesday the week a horse show is happening (never monday). At the KY Summer shows the last two weeks farm house, judy's, colliersville, quail hollow, personalized products, farmvet and a few others were there.

Oh, they will be open tomorrow...Tuesday. PONY FINALS all week. But as I read OP, she is talking about next week and that is about the only off week at KHP for the H/J crowd. I doubt anybody will be open after 3 weeks straight with no show, even if they leave the tent/trailer there.

Kind of depends for most of them-the other shows are after school starts for many and are smaller so not all will stay.

But you can usually find Quail Hollow, Kathy (what's er name and the shop name) from Illinios, Judy's and Farm House at these. Should be able to max out the plastic pretty easy.

Just not next week on that off week.
    When opportunity knocks it's wearing overalls and looks like work.

The horse world. Two people. Three opinions.

i'm heading up the 10th and coming back 11th.
    "are you yawning? You don't ride well enough to yawn...I can yawn, because I ride better than you, Meredith Michael Beerbaum can yawn, you, not so much..." George Morris in Camden, SC

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Little Secret View Post
    i'm heading up the 10th and coming back 11th.
    I think the Bluegrass Festival Horse Show is that week but not 100% positive so some of the vendors may be open on Tuesday although as fingeight said they may pull stakes and leave until the KY National. Most of those vendors have been at horse shows non stop since June. Most likely the usuals will be there but none are open Mondays.
    I know personalized products was swamped last week with orders for pony finals and she seemed exhausted. When I went to pick up the dog collar I ordered she said she was def heading back after this week. Didn't ask farmhouse or any of the others though.

Wait is right, Bluegrass Festival show starts Aug 12th. My bad.

There always used to be an off week between Pony Finals and these next 2 shows. Not any more, I guess.

Anyway, Secret, I'd save the shopping for Derby Day-enough vendors will be staying to damge your wallet...and they will have fresh stock and be open.
    When opportunity knocks it's wearing overalls and looks like work.

The horse world. Two people. Three opinions.