The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Yet Another TB Pedigree Analysis

I was wondering if anyone could tell me about this mare. She'll mainly be a riding horse, but if she turns out nicely, we may breed her. She's from Florida, and I'm more used to dealing with TB's from Pennsylvania, so I don't really recognize any of the horses in her pedigree. Nothing jumps out at me, but I'm not an expert on TB lines either. Thanks!

http://www.pedigreequery.com/roses+owar

Jesse's Mom really likes Pistols and Roses. I am hoping she will weigh in on this.
    There are stars in the Southern sky and if ever you decide you should go there is a taste of time sweetened honey.

Well, I like anything with Darn that Alarm, esp that close up. He was awesome. Unfortunately he died in a barn fire a few years ago. I bet if you google him lots of stuff will come up, he was a machine for sure.

I don't recognize any of the names on the bottom but that doesn't necessarily mean anything.
    "Perhaps the final test of anybody's love of dogs is their willingness to permit them to make a camping ground of the bed" -Henry T. Merwin

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

TKR's sport horse TB breeding program is based in large part on Jig Time. I think she may be breeding this year to a Darn That Alarm son.

Baederwood produced quite a few nice hunters when he stood in Maryland.

You get Djeddah (Ksar line) and Son-In-Law through Jolie Deja. Both Round Table and Count Fleet produced nice jumping horses, especially the Count Fleet line.

Bull Lea was one of the greatest TB sport horse sires of all time, per the pedigrees in Dr. Birdsall's research works. I think that What A Pleasure also was a good hunter sire.

The two things that pop out at me are Darn That Alarm and Baederwood.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire