The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Info sought on early life (pre 1995) of TB, Jimmy Buffet (Jimmy) – SW US

I lost my friend, an aged non-tattoed TB gelding about 18 months ago. He was approximately 19-20 (as near as we could tell), dappled dark seal brown with just a few white hairs on his forehead. He was very refined, had near perfect conformation (with the exception of a parrot mouth), and had a sweet personality.

As near as I can guess, he was foaled between 1987-1989. I do know that he resided in Alsaka in the late 90’s, and was shown under the names ‘Jemstone’ and ‘Jimmy Buffet’, and called ‘Jimmy’ while there. I was told that he was taken to Alaska after being purchased through Wilson Dennehy in the Southwest US in the mid 90s, possibly around 1995. He would have been around 7 or 8 at that time.

I know his history from the time he arrived in Alaska. I’d like to find out more about where he came from. He clearly had training as a 3’6” hunter, possibly shown as a strip horse, and was clearly bred to be a sporthorse, rather than a racehorse. I’ve always been curious about who bred him, and his lineage.

Please email me privately if you have any info. Thanks!

**bump**