The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Talking Grass is just to DIVE for!

Today I thought I would be a very nice mommy and take my horse out to graze. We had a nice, long ride, it was hot out and there was a nice cool breeze. Perfect grazing opportunity.

So, on my way out of the barn, my boy thought we were just going out in that boring-old paddock again. He was walking gingerly, taking his sweet time...but when he saw that we passed where we usually turn, his eyes lit up.

It was like he had never seen grass before! His eyes got huge, his neck slowly got higher, and the closer we got to the grass the longer, faster steps he would take. I struggled to keep up...he was sure he had never seen such green grass before in his life.

We started the two steps downhill (albeit, very GRADUAL, SMALL downhill) towards the grass and he was just out of his mind with happiness. So happy, in fact, he completely tripped and FELL into it!

Literally - his front feet stretched out in front of him and his nose scraped along the ground. He slid like this for about two feet right along the grass. It looked like he was trying to bow! He jumped up, looked at me like "MOM?! WTF?!" and then sniffed the grass as if to see if it was safe before he began to eat again.

He now sports a little scratch and a whole lotta grass stain down his white nose.

What can I say? The grass at his new home is just to dive for!
    Last edited by huntergirl007; Jul. 28, 2009 at 03:32 PM. Reason: because I can't seem to figure out how to work the keyboard...

Thanks for giving me a good laugh, I needed it.
    "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." ~ Albert Einstein~

Aw, so cute! I'm picturing that grass stain on a cute little nose.
    ~ Citizens for a Kinder, Gentler COTH...our mantra: Be nice. ~

hilarious! I can totally picture it.

AWW!

its that whole " grass is greener on the other side of the fence" thing LOL!!
    Kim
    If you are lucky enough to ride, you are lucky enough.

awww thats cute and funny. sounds like he enjoyed it

that's totally something my pony would do. he's a serious klutz. thanks! i needed a good laugh
    (|--Sarah--|)

Blitz <3 & Leap of Faith <3

That's hilarious!!!!!

Fleck has done the faceplant many a times.... He always gets that same look on his face too

That's really funny!

What a great video for America's Funniest that would be! We had a boarder here who's horse tended to bully her. One afternoon she wanted to put him away after hand grazing him. Being the jerk he was, she got his head up only to have him yank his head back down to the grass. This time however, he got got a mouthful of dog crap. We all laughed till our stomachs hurt watching him try to spit it out & after that any time she asked him to leave the grass there was no yanking his head back down.

Quote Originally Posted by suze View Post
    What a great video for America's Funniest that would be! We had a boarder here who's horse tended to bully her. One afternoon she wanted to put him away after hand grazing him. Being the jerk he was, she got his head up only to have him yank his head back down to the grass. This time however, he got got a mouthful of dog crap. We all laughed till our stomachs hurt watching him try to spit it out & after that any time she asked him to leave the grass there was no yanking his head back down.
    OH MY GOD... would have paid big money to see that!!!!
    Proudly living in my "let's save the world bubble"!

Quote Originally Posted by suze View Post
    LOL! This is funny! I can just see that. The whole "I hope nobody saw that..."