The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Another trip to plan!

We are planning to travel to MD for FairHill in Oct, except that we are going in Sept and staying until after FH. Well, I should say that the riders will stay for the month and the rest of us will have to come home and then fly back for FH and the drive home.

We are doubling up with other westerners for horse travel. The truck is a semi and will be no fun to drive around once the girls arrive in MD, so I am thinking that a rental car would be the way to solve the daily driver problem. Anyone know of a local, as in small name, car rental place nearby?

Also, I think that we will try to rent an RV of some sort during FH and also for Plantation,(if they decide to compete there as a tune up). One LQ trailer is not enough space for the whole crew! Is there a local to FH rental place that brings the RV to the site and picks it up after the event? It is commonly done out here, so I thought it would be worth looking into.

Thanks for any leads.

CruiseAmerica has different locations to pick up from, they don't deliver though

I'm thinking the travel trailer type. Drop it off and pick it up type thing. One comp. out here is RVs To Go.

I'm afraid the Travel America folks would freak if we pulled up in a full size semi truck to pick up a 20 ft camp trailer.

With regard to rental cars we have always had good luck with Enterprise and just found out a horse friend is in a managerial position with them - and lives/works in Maryland. PM me if you are interested and I will put you in touch with him - perhaps there is some sort of deal he can work out for you.

Assuming you are coming as well please come find me and hold my hand! Son is headed for the two star. . . I am headed for the portajohn

Default pegasusmom

I have nothing but sympathy for you. We parents are all alike in that. I watched DDs first **** on a TV in the stabling office. The jumps looked so much smaller that way. It does get better after a few times, though.

Best of luck to your son. Hope to see you in Oct!