The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Wanted: Beginner Safe Horse for 11 YO Girl in CT

I have an adorable little girl who has been half leasing my arab/pinto and is now ready to get her first horse. She has been riding for 4 years (english) and is a good rider (for her age). She is looking for a horse that is kind and quiet, sound and under 20. She is very gentle and would not do well with a horse that would try to push her around. She would like to be able to take lessons, do some local shows and possibly do some trail riding. The barn she rides at is an arab barn, so I think if she could pick a breed, that would be her first choice, but again, tempermant is most important. If anyone knows of a horse that might be a good match for her, please let me know. They are wonderful people who would do anything for their animals and their new horse will have a wonderful life-long home. Thanks!

smokerise227 Guest

I have a great 14.3 hand, 11 year old arab/Qh mare that would love a girl of her own. Trail rides, jumps, easy keeper, goes barefoot. Would be willing to do a free lease but I am in VA. Any interest?

dixie doodle Guest

Default Paint Horse in CT

We have an extremely kid friendly chestnut and white Paint Horse - 12 year old mare- 14.3 hands riden by my daughter for 10 years. Now that she is entering college we need to find a good home for Dixie. She competes in hunter seat, combined tests, jumpers, foxhunts and more.

The right home is all we care about so please respond if interested.

Goshen, OH

Not to hijack the thread, but I too am looking for a similar horse (although breed is totally irrelevant). I have two younger students who are wanting to do a free lease/giveaway on a quiet horse. After the OP finds a good horse, I would be interested in finding something as well for my girls. Thanks.