The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Sudden influx of some very nice pals, adoption anyone.

With the closing of a wonderful, wonderful rescue operation, I am needing to help place some very special kids.

There are three small ponies. Rye has Ryes' syndrome and is the cutest little guy going. Cupcake looks like a weeny teeny red dun, ready to be started under saddle, the rest is done. Firefly, a 30 inch tall little roan. These guys are looking for there forever homes.

Included in the group is Dumbledore. Yes, an aged but sweet guy. This boy was abandoned as skin and bones in the driveway. A great babysitter, sound and healthy now.

Socket, wonderful wonderful mare. One eyed but who cares. She was obviously trained very well at one time, is in perfect health and sound.

Please, if you can possibly home someone who really needs it, consider one of these. This rescue intends to continue operating in the best way it can but it will be solely from there own pockets. They truly need a hand placing some of these kids.
    Our horses are not seen as the old and disabled they may have become, but rather as the mighty steeds they once believed themselves to be.

Sunkissed Acres Rescue and Retirement

shamelessly bumping. Not even any readers.
    Our horses are not seen as the old and disabled they may have become, but rather as the mighty steeds they once believed themselves to be.

Can you tell me more about Socket? Sound to ride at lower level W/T, good for a beginner?

Thanks!

Which rescue is closing?~?!!!

Lori- are any of the ponies ridable and safe for wee kids, lead line- w/t?
    If i'm posting on Coth, it's either raining so I can't ride or it's night time and I can't sleep.

Ok, I'm curious about Firefly... mare or gelding? I'm entertaining the idea of a mini companion for the TB gelding I just took in... my other old gelding is too protective of HIS pony (mare) for the TB to go out with them, and the TB is OK in a field by himself but seems lonely. I'd want something easy to handle and not too herd bound as I hope to be riding the TB soon.

I'm in VA but if you happened to have a great mini, Lori, I'm sure COTH could find it a ride.

I just remembered, I need to send you a bunch of TC POP's too... will try to do that this week!

I have pm'd everyone reguarding these kids. You would not be disappointed these guys for sure.

ok Lori - I'm biting - lol..

Bonnie is being driven now and is doing wonderful, has been tacked up and so forth, but her wee rider needs an older, SAFE, w/t mount that she can take lessons on.

The child in question is 6 years old and had a BAD experience at another barn where the barn pony threw her two times and so shattered her confidence. I feel that Bonnie is the RIGHT pony for her (in another year after being ridden by a very good x-c girl) but not right now.

Would the bigger pony be suitable for a walk trot ONLY pony? I don't care if the pony needs maintenance, you know I will provide that, I want a suitable sweet w/t pony for this child that will go on the longe line. Her parents are paying my trainer for lessons for Bonnie and also will pay for lessons for the child.

I "don't" need another horse, but the child does...so it goes. Let me know, and if these don't work, do YOU have another pony that would work? Said child needs to learn grooming, tacking up, and basic riding on a very old, safe, sweet pony. Said child is VERY shy and hardly speaks but her parents are trying and so am I.

BTW - Bonnie is now doing very well in her driving lessons, she knows "reverse", "walk on", t-rott" and we don't do canter yet as she is still very young. But no problems whatsoever. We love this pony - everyone loves this pony! People sure did miss a good pony, not once has she offered to be mean or turn an wrong foot - she's a jewel and yes, I've been offered a lot of $$$ for her, but she's going to go this really nice young girl - for free - and they are in agreement that showing is in her future! Very nice people with a wonderful child.

Sorry got carried away but Bonnie is doing wonderful - let me know if you have somethng suitable that we can use for beginner lessons.

thanks
    and I'll take pics of Bonnie this weekend and post!

Lori - can you tell me more about cupcake? I have extra paddock space and wouldn't mind helping.

Default ponies

Quote Originally Posted by TesignedInGold View Post
    Lori - can you tell me more about cupcake? I have extra paddock space and wouldn't mind helping.
    All these guys and info is now posted on our adoptables on our website. www.sunkissedacres.com Hope this helps you guys.

I um, well, didn't the pics loaded until this morning...

SORRY!

But they are all there now and there are some cuuuuuutttttttiiiieeeeeessss! If someone wants to adopt little Rye and send him up to NY I know a nice little farm where he would fit in perfectly

Kidding! I'm full..really
    I Loff My Quarter Horse & I love Fenway Bartholomule cliques

Just somebody with a positive outlook on life...go ahead...hate me for that.

Oh they all look so amazing! I have no doubt that they will all find their special people/person!

Quote Originally Posted by RedTahoe View Post
    Oh they all look so amazing! I have no doubt that they will all find their special people/person!
    Aren't they cute??!? I have had some of my friends just fall in love with Duck. It's too bad they are all the friends who have absolutely no place to keep him

Cupcake is adorable. Is she a mini or a pony?

Firefly is really cute too, but I'm not sure at this point I'd want to take on a yearling... never had a "baby" before, so she may be more than I can handle.

They are all cutie pies.

Quote Originally Posted by equineartworks View Post
    Aren't they cute??!? I have had some of my friends just fall in love with Duck. It's too bad they are all the friends who have absolutely no place to keep him
    Yes, that is too bad but if one person tells one person and they tell one person and on down the line. Ducks owner really really needs a hand.

I am likely going to make a trip to Harrisburg PA with some of these ponies and picking up another rescue. I will coincide this with take Little Leo to his new mommy and on down the line. I figure that I need to make about an 1100 mile round trip with these guys. That might accomodate some of you intersted in the little darlings. I think Cupcake is adopted, and so is Sockett. That leaves Rye and Firefly and Duck. Dumbledore is also spoken for if all goes well.

Homing the needy feels so good.

Lori let me know when you are going to be in Hburg ok?

Lori, do you have anything would be very suitable and very safe as a leadline/pet pony for a 5 year old girl who has not been around horses before (my niece)?
    She and my sister are finally moving closer (thank GOD) and I am planning to thoroughly corrupt her LOL.
    "Perhaps the final test of anybody's love of dogs is their willingness to permit them to make a camping ground of the bed" -Henry T. Merwin

We can't wait to have Sockett home with us! Pictures will be posted when she makes it up!

* I do NOT need a herd of little guys....I do NOT need a herd of little guys....*

Actually, I really don't, but they are too cute for someone with some time.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTahoe View Post
    * I do NOT need a herd of little guys....I do NOT need a herd of little guys....*

Actually, I really don't, but they are too cute for someone with some time.
    Everyone deserves a herd of little ponies. hahah I am picking everyone up on the 12th and they will be at Sunkissed till they go to there new homes. Homes needed. Marissa, Sockett will be her and available to you LOL. What a treasure you have in Sockett.

Just waiting on coggins to come back and health certificates