The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Is anyone going to the USDF Breed Show at the Bucks County Horse Park?

I believe this is the first year BCHP is hosting a DSHB show. I just found the show on the USDF website a few days ago, and was thrilled to hear there wasn't a late fee, and was able to sign up my 2 year old filly.

Who's going? Does anyone know of a handler that will be there?
    http://buckscountyhorsepark.org/dressage.html

Joanne
    http://www.pleasantmeadowfarm.com

Default Well, Not With a Horse, Anyhow

[QUOTE=pleasantmeadowfarm;4262392]I believe this is the first year BCHP is hosting a DSHB show. I just found the show on the USDF website a few days ago, and was thrilled to hear there wasn't a late fee, and was able to sign up my 2 year old filly.

Who's going?
    http://buckscountyhorsepark.org/dressage.html

I might go volunteer--I am member of the Bucks Co HP and meet my coach there for lessons, trail ride, and school XC often throughout the year. I do a lot of volunteer work there as well, typically I scribe a bunch of the schooling dressage shows, work as the warm up ring steward for the recognized dressage, and fill in as needed at events. Heck, one time some years ago they were *really* short volunteers at a schooling combined test and I was judge, ring steward, and jump crew for stadium! Sheesh! (People from the PA area might recognize me from my years working at events and shows for my coach, Jane Cory, when Pleasant Hollow was a busy venture).

Anyhow, I know that Jackie was looking for more entries in the Suitable to become a dressage horse class when I was working a dressage show earlier in the week (she asked me to bring my mare, but we don't have USDF #'s and as primarily an eventer I don't see myself needing one); she had at least one person, but was hoping to give the person some competition. :-)

Hopefully, this show is a success so that they continue to offer something like it in future. Bucks has a busy and diverse schedule, but if something isn't drawing in the entries, they will drop it (anyone remember when they tried out recognized hunter shows??).

I would have loved to have taken someone down but unfortunately I have 2 Hanoverian inspections to attend the following week so a third show would have been pushing it. I hope they have a good turnout and continue next year!
    "If a horse has a "warm" back—loose, supple and oscillating—he can lift the rider...on a "cold" back—low and stiff—the rider achieves nothing other than growing old sitting on it." —Charles de Kunffy

I wonder if there will be any breed shows next year. I would imagine that the number of severe injuries per 1000 entries is going to bump up show insurance and then entry fees will have to go up too. The underwriters may just drop the whole group.
    Anne
    -------
    "Where knowledge ends violence begins." B. Ljundquist