The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

City of delusion in the state of total denial

Default MDers--where to find timothy hay pellets by the bag? Same as rabbit timothy pellets?

I am having a devil of a time tracking down timothy hay pellets to purchase in individual bags. The feed mills I have talked to here would only order it if I were ordering in bulk, and I can see no reason to buy 50 bags for one horse who will eat two measured cups of the stuff per feeding. Does anyone know of a feed supply in Maryland or in the York, PA area that has these pellets available to buy by the individual bag?

A google search pulled up a lot of pet shops that carry timothy pellets in smaller bags for rabbits. Can anyone think of a reason that timothy pellets bagged for rabbits would not be the same as timothy pellets bagged for horses? Given the quantity my horse will be consuming it may make sense to buy it this way if there are no additives.
    "I'm not always sarcastic. Sometimes I'm asleep."
    - Harry Dresden

Horse Isle 2: Legend of the Esrohs LifeCycle Breeding and competition MMORPG

Must be pellets, not cubes? I thought the Farmer's Coop in Frederick had timothy something or other for horses.. though maybe it was a T&A mix or something of the sort.

This is who makes the timothy pellets I buy. Maybe contact them to see if they have a dealer in your area? http://www.standleehay.com/prodatp.htm

City of delusion in the state of total denial

Thanks to both of you for the suggestions. I will contact both places.

Bumping this up in hopes others might have suggestions as well!
    "I'm not always sarcastic. Sometimes I'm asleep."
    - Harry Dresden

Horse Isle 2: Legend of the Esrohs LifeCycle Breeding and competition MMORPG

www.mountainsunrise.com/

Check and see if they have any dealers in the East.

Renn, who have you tried so far? Bowman's in Westminster does a lot of rabbit business. You want to call the feed and seed side, not the garden store.
    Life would be infinitely better if pinatas suddenly appeared throughout the day.

Highland Feed and Seed in Highland, MD? Call them up and ask, I'm not sure if they have that specifically, but I've gotten things like that from them before, and they're great to work with. Worth a try.