The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Critique Anyone?

I'd love a critique from Hunterland...

3 yr old TB filly...

Thanks!

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...itfilly010.jpg

What do you want to do with this one?

From this one picture...which can be misleading...I see long back with corresponding steeper shoulder and hip angles, short neck and hocks set too far back for my liking. Maybe over at the knee.

Maybe just the angle. Overall good flesh and nice condition and has some quality. If she is what she seems to be here, I wouldn't use her for upper levels and she might lack a bit in the step department. But she is cute and might be fine for lower level jumping.

Would need to see a better confo shot on level ground out of the grass to really make up my mind though.
    When opportunity knocks it's wearing overalls and looks like work.

The horse world. Two people. Three opinions.

Hmm. I would like to see a bit more leg on her as she seems a bit short legged. How tall is she? I'm estimating not over 16 hh, which will make it hard to get the steps (I know this from experience lol..) Agreed with the poster above, her back is too long for my taste. She has a nice, sound lower leg but she seems to be stood out a bit in the back and could use a nicer picture. Also, I would like to see her with a longer neck tied in a smidge higher for a nicer topline. Although she does seem to have very kind eyes her head is turned in which could make the neck appear shorter. However, she looks plenty capable to do lower level stuff and looks to be pleasant enough to be safe. Love her color too, I am a big fan of a nice steel grey.

Thanks guys, I too see a long back in the pic, not so much in person...not sure what I'm doing with her yet...she has a half sister who ended up to be a talented jumper (level 5, I believe) and her sire has thrown some good sport horses.

She has been started lightly, so it's still a crap shoot, but she does have a quiet willing attitude.

She is big though, 16.1 -2 and still growing... the pick is a bit deceiving. I was having trouble getting her handler (my husband) to cooperate, I'll try for some better pics on the asphalt.