The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default FEH/YEH in GA in September!!!

Cedar Ridge Farm in Athens, Ga will be hosting an FEH/YEH test on Saturday, September 19th. Judge and details TBA, and will be posted on the Cedar Ridge website: http://www.cedar-ridge-farm.com/.

Please PM with any additional questions. We are very excited to be offering these tests in the heart of Area III and would love the support to be able to continue to offer this experience for young horses and handlers alike!

I hope you've got this advertised on the Area II website - seems like there are SO many folks in those states into breeding and developing sport horses for eventing. I can't wait to come watch and learn!
    ~ it no longer matters what level I do, as long as I am doing it..~ with many thanks, to Elizabeth Callahan

I wish my filly was old enough to go... Next year she can do the yearling classes

It is a great venue for one of these events!

Oh no!!! I think I'm working that weekend!!!! Argh... I'll just have to try to do some switcheroos!

Hopefully we can get Dewey going again and come play!!! FUN FUN FUN!!
    Thanks!

Press Release for this
    http://www.useventing.com/competitio...on=yeh&id=2005

Hopefully folks with young horses in this part of area 3 will get out and support it!

Holly, I think they scheduled one in GA just FOR you and Dewey! You'd better go!
    I have Higher Standards... do you?
    Apalachicola Native (Alfie), '02 TB Gelding,
    Wild Man of Borneo (Hank), '03 Redtick coonhound,
    Augustus McRae (Gus), '01 Bluetick coonhound

I know...right!!

But... alas, Dewey has to MAKE it to then... He was acting colicky again tonight. Argh... But hopefully it was just gas. In about 15 minutes he was acting fine again. But I'm at work.... thinking the worst. The hubby hasn't called yet though, so hopefully it's good news

I'm trying to get off work and bring him, but..technically he's not allowed to "work" until october 2nd, so....that might be cheating a bit Hee hee... Though I'm pretty sure by "work" they mean under saddle, so I can't imagine that a little trot and walk on a triangle will cause major issues. We're working on it already some

Oh, you are going. You're going to do everything you can to shuffle your schedule. I can tell! Make sure there are LOTS of pics! Or heck... Athens isnt that far... maybe I'll come see y'all trot your little triangle!
    I have Higher Standards... do you?
    Apalachicola Native (Alfie), '02 TB Gelding,
    Wild Man of Borneo (Hank), '03 Redtick coonhound,
    Augustus McRae (Gus), '01 Bluetick coonhound

Oh... there WILL be plenty of pics I'm pretty sure I can swap one day around.... I've already put out feelers

And today... this morning... Dewey and I did a tiny bit of trot in hand. Trying to keep it little for now since technically he is still recovering. But... we'll see.

Though I had to laugh my butt off this am.... He is A MESS!!!!!!!! He has wet feed all over his face cause I still feed him soup, he's got scars all over him from Roany and Fleck chewing on him, he's got ointment cream smeared on his forehead from me trying to doctor the wounds and worst of all... he's covered in white paint!!! The fence is white pipe metal and he sticks his head through so the white paint powders off on him. With the rain, it was worse I guess, cause he just looked ridiculous this am. I can't imagine showing him with the way he was looking now. Jeesh!!! Thank goodness they stress that it's NOT a beauty contest! He is such a ragamuffin right now!

If I can just get him to heal up and not get any new scars and give him a bath and braid his mane... I think we might be okay. But this morning I was laughing at him!

And yes.. do come visit!!!!

can you pm me more information? I have a lovely young horse and we've really wanted to try!

Just bumping this back up.

Here is the link for the site with the event schedule, judge info etc. Please get your babies entered to support this FEH/YEH in Ga.

http://www.cedar-ridge-farm.com/main.html

And NEXT year, we WILL get to see the darling Ms Scrabble make her debut...I am making the announcement without one SHRED of reason to be able to do so other than that she IS a fine FUTURE EVENT HORSE and loves herself so needs an audience to appreciate her loveliness and "athletic" antics, is a tribute to her cute, fun, talented Mommy, and OMG handsome talented eventing daddy....
    ~ it no longer matters what level I do, as long as I am doing it..~ with many thanks, to Elizabeth Callahan

Ha Ha! Scrabble does love herself! I have to watch her to make sure she doesn't drown in mud puddles staring at herself : One of the reasons I really want the FEH/YEH to go well this year- then Cedar Ridge might hold another in the spring that Scrabble could go to.... Very self serving

That's hilarious!! Scrabble stares at herself in mud puddles... Dewey, on the other hand, WALLOWS in them!!! He is one giant mud puppy right now!! Poor kid!

Yep, hopefully they'll have another one so Dewey can debut too!! I'm sad that not only can I not go, but I also can't help!

Will there be a pro handler there?? I'm going to give it a go on my own in FL at the end of the month but I'm getting fatter every day and by that time, I may not be able to keep up with Libby....

Default Handler

There will not be a handler on site, but I am sure someone would be willing to handle your youngster for you. I will have a 4 y.o. there for the YEH, and am far from a "professional" handler, but I'd be happy to present your young one for you in order to help facilitate entries .

Default BUMP

Hey all... There are very few entries for the YEH classes, PLEASE, if you have a youngster come out and support this event. It is VERY low key and designed for youngsters who aren't necessarily ready to go to their first horse trial. There are super sponsors and great prizes at a fantastic facility! Please PM with questions, and PLEASE support this opportunity if possible in order to facilitate more YEH tests in Area III.

Trakeventer- Have you advertised in the AREA III web site and sent your info to the major eventing barns such as Pine Top and Poplar Place? I'm mentioning those 2 farms because I know the Wilson's have young horses and the Stegmans too.
    www.littlekentuckyfarm.com
    Thoroughbred Training and Sales

It is on the Area III website, got sent to the Area III AR, and is on the USEA website as well. I think we're down to word of mouth now as many have not experienced the low-key and fun format provided by the YEH. If you have any additional ideas, please feel free to email the farms directly/PM me contact info, and I will do my darndest to get the word out. TIA!

Is anyone coming from the Chattanooga area? We would LOVE to come but we are short a ride!