The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Tailbone Cyst

Loong story short, a friend of mine has just been diagnosed with a cyst on her tailbone and is now on her way to a surgeon. Now ignoring the fact that the Canadian Healthy system is, at times, painfully slow; does anyone know how long she can expect to be riding again after she does get an appointment?

I have a rather vested interest in getting her back in the saddle (on my horse) but she doesn't know yet as she just went to the doctors yesterday. Poor girl, I've bruised my tailbone before and that was painful enough, this sounds worse!
    "For some people it's not enough to just be a horse's bum, you have to be sea biscuit's bum" -anon.
    Nes' Farm Blog ~ DesigNes.ca
    Need You Now Equine

Cyst, not sist.

I dunno why you think the Canadian system is slow. It's no better down here and, as an ex-pat Canuck, I'm quite familiar with both.

As for how long until she can ride, that would be up to her doctor, really.

Eileen
    Mad Mare™ Studio
    Custom Swarovski®, Czech glass and gemstone browbands in Circlet, Diadem and Tiara styles. Matching stock pins, bracelets and belts.
    http://MadMare.com

Yes, I was editing that as you posted - I don't know why I trusted the spelling of an 18 year old, I thought it looked funny!

It took me until my 8th month of pregnancy to find a OBGYN. When you're seriously hurt you're going to get medical treatment right away but when it's something minor I find it's very difficult to find a doctor (although I don't consider my childs impending birth something minor!!).

UGH - do yourselves a favour, do NOT look up tailbone cysts on wikipedia! ewwww!!
    "For some people it's not enough to just be a horse's bum, you have to be sea biscuit's bum" -anon.
    Nes' Farm Blog ~ DesigNes.ca
    Need You Now Equine

I've had the same thing twice. Took about 2 weeks until I could ride again.
    http://www.tbhsa.com/index.html

Originally Posted by JSwan
    I love feral children. They taste like chicken.