The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default BLM Mustang Mare - WA state - Free

Junie is a sweet mare w/a lot of heart & try. She had 30 days training a few years ago but has since sat w/minimal contact until she was given to me in late May 2008. Beyond that, I don't know her history. She loves to be groomed & learn new things. Junie ties, bathes, clips, is awesome for the farrier, leads well. Has potential as a riding horse, but would do best as a companion. Low on the pecking order but can take of herself, easy keeper, great companion horse. 14+hh, 17 yrs old, BLM registered, sound, chestnut w/flaxen mane & tail, blaze, 3 short socks, and 3 brands. She is wary around people she doesn't know, but takes her cues off of her handler. Once her trust is gained, she's willing to do and/or try anything you ask. Very tolerant of her current klutzy owner . Only rehoming due to a drastic life change and reduced finances. To be given to an approved home only.

** I have worked with her very little during the winter and so far this year. However in late March/April, after some ground work, I rode her for 3 - 10 minutes sessions (walking, turning, stopping, a couple of steps of backing) in an outdoor round pen. She did absolutely wonderful! But she will need at least 60, if not 90 days training before any serious riding.
    Last edited by Kynesha; Jul. 23, 2009 at 09:27 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Ima Foxie Sister aka "Bugs"

RIP: Miss V - Bay OTTB Mare (1997 - 2013)