The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Question Nockamixon Lake state forest in PA.???

My DH is from PA and always wanted to move back. We currently live in CT, sadly my MIL passed away 6/30 and he really wants to move back to be with family. They are in the Allentown area, but I don't want to be that close to them. (Although they are very nice)

I'm mostly a trailer rider and was looking at the Nockamixon Lake State forest area for riding. According to the website they have 20 miles of Equestrian trails.

I found one stable - Haycock Stables which seems to back right up the the forest.

Has anyone ridden here?? Opinions?? Worth up rooting and moving to?
    Does anyone know of any more anymore stables that back right up to the trails?

Thank you!!
    MnToBe Twinkle Star: "Twinkie"
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...wo/009_17A.jpg

Proud member of the "Don't rush to kill wildlife" clique!

Stone Ridge Farm in Perkasie is close to the park as well.
    http://www.stoneridgefarm.net/

This thread lists other spots to trail ride in the area including Bucks County Horse Park.
    http://chronicleforums.com/Forum/sho...d.php?t=214507

My family moved about 20 miles west of Allentown. There are trails around Blue Marsh Lake and Ontelaunee Resivoir that are very nice!

Martin07 Guest

I would stay away from haycock. If it is the one I"m thinking about they had some tie stalls where they would keep a lot of their sales horses. they were constantly getting horses in from the sale and just putting them into the barn and not quarantining them. There are so many other nicer stables in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin07 View Post
    I would stay away from haycock. If it is the one I"m thinking about they had some tie stalls where they would keep a lot of their sales horses. they were constantly getting horses in from the sale and just putting them into the barn and not quarantining them. There are so many other nicer stables in that area.
    Thanks Martin,
    Are there any other stables that back up to the Lake Nockamixon trails?
    I would be looking for a stable with direct access. Thank you.

Lenovo Guest

I was having this same problem until today. I thought that was the issue, then I found this post - sure enough it works now.
    comparatif simulation taux credit auto - Taux crédit auto. Comparatif des offres! Les meilleurs taux crédit auto sont sur le net !comparatif simulation taux credit auto

Our farm is about 10 minutes from the lake. It is so beautiful up here! However, while I haven't investigated the trails myself, I've heard they are very rocky (which is no surprise--we joke that the most common thing grown up here is rocks).

Bucks County Horse Park is just around the corner from Lake Nockamixon, and has great trails. Much more horse friendly too.

I would definitely stay away from Haycock Stables. I've only been there once and we said it's one place you wouldn't want to end up at if you were a horse. Unfortunately I don't know of any other places that have trail horses and are adjacent to either park.

Now, if you want a absolutely wonderful park with great trail horses available, you should head to Fair Hill, Maryland.

Quote Originally Posted by KellyS View Post
    Our farm is about 10 minutes from the lake. It is so beautiful up here! However, while I haven't investigated the trails myself, I've heard they are very rocky (which is no surprise--we joke that the most common thing grown up here is rocks).

Bucks County Horse Park is just around the corner from Lake Nockamixon, and has great trails. Much more horse friendly too.

I would definitely stay away from Haycock Stables. I've only been there once and we said it's one place you wouldn't want to end up at if you were a horse. Unfortunately I don't know of any other places that have trail horses and are adjacent to either park.

Now, if you want a absolutely wonderful park with great trail horses available, you should head to Fair Hill, Maryland.
    This is another stable that is close to the Lake.

http://www.stoneridgefarm.net/index.html

Thanks for the heads up on Haycock Stables. It is hard telling a what a place is like from a website.

Kelly, your farm is beautiful and looks sooo peaceful.

Are there any stables adjacent to the Bucks County Horse Park? I looked at their website and looks like they have a lot of things going on there too, as well as trails.

I've heard great things about Fair Hill. Unfortunately that is a little too south for DH..