The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Long Format Club

Good thing some times take a little longer.

But we are finally ready to go.

We used the Coconino Horse Trial T3D to get the Long Format Club launched.

www.longformatclub.com

The response was great, especialy with the trainers and coaches and naturally with the folks that were doing the T3D.

Now we need help to spread the word, so we get money in with which we can support the fall events.
    Last edited by Gnep; Jul. 20, 2009 at 10:18 AM.
    That I have no use for them, does not mean, that I don't know them and don't know how to use them.
    Caveman extraordinair

and... you can become a fan/join the group on Facebook.
    I have Higher Standards... do you?
    Apalachicola Native (Alfie), '02 TB Gelding,
    Wild Man of Borneo (Hank), '03 Redtick coonhound,
    Augustus McRae (Gus), '01 Bluetick coonhound

I just Facedbook-ed the crud out of that.

Is there a mailing list or anything of that sort just yet?

What about volunteer opportunities? I do a lot of volunteering at local events (what a great gig, getting to watch awesome horse/riders run XC and eating junk food brought by golf cart), but is there anyway to volunteer through the organization at those specific events? I noticed GMHA is coming up...

Eventaholic - right now, each event is still coordinating their volunteer programs. It would be awesome in the future to have a cadre of LFC volunteers where we could work with an event's volunteer coordinator and show up to a Classic 3DE and have jobs just in that area! Great idea! I'll put it on my ginormous "to do" list.

I am making a master list of people who donate (and those that show interest in other ways) so that I will have a mailing list soon. I will be able to make announcements of changes to the website, when merchandise is available, reminders of upcoming events, that sort of thing...

The Facebook page is taking off! We HAD to have a Facebook page!

Scout
    Fellow LFC Director with Gnep and rivenoak
    Last edited by seascout3; Jul. 20, 2009 at 01:27 PM. Reason: typing before coffee - bad idea!

Hometown: San Antonio, TX ; Current Location: Amarillo, TX

The logo is AMAZING!!! As is the website! I am very impressed and am volunteering to help with what I can.

ETA: I invited about 150 people that are my "eventing friends" on facebook to join the group. I didn't actually realize I had that many eventing friends on Facebook
    Last edited by tx3dayeventer; Jul. 20, 2009 at 10:50 AM.
    RIP Kid Gloves (Holly) 1992 TBxHanv CCI*** mare.
    http://photobucket.com/tx3dayeventer/holly
    New mare: Miss Bunny Express (Missy) 1995 AQHA Jumper mare.
    http://photobucket.com/tx3dayeventer/missy

Nice website! You guys have worked really hard.

Thanks for the kind words on the logo and website. We are still developing and refining but it's great to get good feedback. Suggestions (and even criticisms!) are welcome!

I am actively looking for good photos especially emphasizing steeplechase. If you have photos that I can put up on the website, please send them to me along with credit informatin and I will put them up. Also want to get photos of our 2009 Classic 3DE winners and participants!

Seascout--look at the pictures from our T3DE--there are some jog & steeplechase pictures on both.

IEA T3DE at Xpressfoto and Amy Latka's site.

Thanks LAZ!

I have a question about the monthly donation thingies. How long does that go on for? Is it a 12 month cycle or forever until you cancel it?
    Rhode Islands are red;
    North Hollands are blue.
    Sorry my thoroughbreds
    Stomped on your roo. Originally Posted by pAin't_Misbehavin' :

Edited! New policy!

RacetrackReject - I originally set up the monthly donation to run until you cancel it. Thanks for the question since it brought up the following:

However, several people made pledges to donate for a year (basically an annual donation of $100 payable in montly installments). Because of this, I have changed the monthly donation to be an annual renewal (at least, it will be changed by tonight as soon as I can upload the new page!).

I have also had requests for a donation option for $8.33 to exactly make the $100 annual amount. I will also add that option - although a personal request from me - if you can do $10/month it makes the bookkeeping SO much easier!

For those that do the monthly donation - I have set up a master list that shows when the donation started and I will send out a notice yearly so that people can pledge for another year.
    Thanks for the question!
    Last edited by seascout3; Jul. 21, 2009 at 12:29 AM. Reason: policy change

Good work, and a nice start!
    The only thing I could see was the Waredaca T3D is formally called the Area II Adult Riders Training three-day event - it is put on by the Area II Adult Riders group, and is held at Waredaca but it is our deal and we do all the work for it to be held there.
    There are T3D web pages for this at the Area II website - www.usea2.net - click on the Ticket to Ride thingie or go to the T3D/ Adult Riders part.
    I have loads of pictures and sent them all to Gnep before - did he pass them along for you?
    "Passion, though a bad regulator, is a powerful spring." -- Emerson
    www.eventhorse.wordpress.com

Did you guys want any of the write ups that frugalannie and I had worked on? I did them purely for the website and have nowhere else to put them, so they either go to you or sit on my laptop.

It is the information that I posted on a previous thread. I have updated them according to feedback, but have not reposted them.

LOVE IT!! Can't wait to get the t-shirt and decal!

Ajierene - please go ahead and email what you have to longformatclub at roadrunner dot com. Thanks!

Thanks retreadeventer!

I used the titles from the USEA Omnibus pages for the events so I could remain consistent between the LFC website and USEA, etc. Was there a name change that I missed? It think it still says Waredaca H.T. on the Omnibus. I'll try to add something that gives a shoutout to the Area II Adult Riders! Thanks for the info!

I will also add the new link for the Area II Adult Riders web pages to the Education page - the link on the USEA T3DE page for Area II Adult Riders site is outdated from 2008 (that's why I didn't put it on the LFC website originally).
    Last edited by seascout3; Jul. 20, 2009 at 08:02 PM. Reason: still learning how to spell! and keeping GMHA straight from Waredaca...

Default LFC website updates

I made several updates to the LFC website.

Please keep the comments and ideas coming!!

Thank you everyone who has donated and who has provided feedback/ideas! This is exactly what we want - a grass roots movement from us "little people" (dare I say it - Smurfs!!!!)

Scout

Ok, I'm trying to do a monthly donation, but when I click the subscribe button, nothing happens. I'm sure I am not doing something right. Any idea what? lol.
    Rhode Islands are red;
    North Hollands are blue.
    Sorry my thoroughbreds
    Stomped on your roo. Originally Posted by pAin't_Misbehavin' :

awesome awesome awesome! Thanks so much guys! I just submitted my recurring monthly donation! About to go online and facebook it, and invite everyone I know!!

You guys are so EXCELLENT!! The web site is glorious. We need bumper stickers! I will plaster them all over everywhere. Thank you for your generous offers of support for GMHA T3DE too!!!!!!!!!!