The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Thumbs up Breyerfest 2009 YouTube-Blue Moon Rising

Bump for Moonshine - the Wonder Nokota! :-)

Thanks Sue!

I just love that horse, what a trooper.

The video is terrific too, of course I cried. I think we know too much about the Nokota history not to cry. Moonshine has turned out to be such a wonderful Nokota representative.

Quote Originally Posted by Mao View Post
    Bump for Moonshine - the Wonder Nokota! :-)

Thanks Sue!

I know! Hard to believe he was run through stockyard sales in North Dakota as a 2 year old - and barely escaped the 'final' ride on the slaughter truck. I'm so grateful Leo Kuntz found him and saved him.

Looking at him today - you'd never guess it. I'm so proud of him. He really is a wonderful boy.

Moonshine rocks! He was at the KHP Breeds Barn last summer when I worked there and he was such a joy to work with. He was there with Billy Jack (a Spanish Colonial Horse, I believe) and they were two of the nicest horses to work with on the ground and in the tack. I was so excited to see him at Breyerfest when I happened to be walking through during a break at work. Very cool!

ddashaq - that is so cool! Thank you for that. I imagine working at the KHP Breeds Barn is uniquely challenging with such an diversity of breeds, temperaments and riding requirements. Plus the demanding exhibition schedule. So I'm really glad to know Moonshine and Billy Jack were good citizens during their stay. And after being on-loan there for 2 seasons - absolutely nothing fazes Moonshine. It's the best bomb-proof training in the world - lol!

I had no idea Moonshine had such a close call, thank God for Leo, and God Bless him for saving him. What a waste that would have been, poor Moonshine. He's such a handsome guy too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mao View Post
    I know! Hard to believe he was run through stockyard sales in North Dakota as a 2 year old - and barely escaped the 'final' ride on the slaughter truck. I'm so grateful Leo Kuntz found him and saved him.

Looking at him today - you'd never guess it. I'm so proud of him. He really is a wonderful boy.

AWE, what a nice thing to say, and we Nokota lovers are partial.

Quote Originally Posted by ddashaq View Post
    Moonshine rocks! He was at the KHP Breeds Barn last summer when I worked there and he was such a joy to work with. He was there with Billy Jack (a Spanish Colonial Horse, I believe) and they were two of the nicest horses to work with on the ground and in the tack. I was so excited to see him at Breyerfest when I happened to be walking through during a break at work. Very cool!

I'm sorry I missed seeing Moonshine's performance this year

He's such a beautiful boy! I was happy to see him in the breed demonstration at the KHP last year, though
    ~ Shannon ~
    "My doctrine is this, that if we see cruelty or wrong that we have the power to stop, and do nothing, we make ourselves sharers in the guilt.” ― Anna Sewell, Black Beauty