The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

View Poll Results: What ALTERNATIVE dressage coat color would you consider?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • Black ONLY!

30 20.83%
  • Dark Brown

48 33.33%
  • Navy

92 63.89%
  • Grey

54 37.50%
  • subtle PINSTRIPE/PATTERN

56 38.89%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

I think it'd be really fun to try alternative colors, but I'm doing that with my horse already hahahaha. I think black's the way to go for us -- he's got the black polka dots, so we might as well stick to it.

Red face

-I can't afford Wellington and they already have tons of vendors down there. I DID bite the bullet, tho (gulp) and sign up to sell at Regionals in October, since I'll be riding, too. I've never spent that much to set up anywhere-yikes-I'm scared!

Make sure to have a couple of those brown jackets available!

I have a few-also I do have some deep green ones-very subtle patter, but really pretty!

Lightbulb Should I patent this new idea?

Thanks for all the help everybody! I'm going to try the new COOL Arista stretch jacket in Dover, as several COTHers suggested it for tall people. And it's supposed to be COOLER!

PLUS, my NEW INVENTION IS:
    My sewing friend is mending my mis-fit wool jacket (with the too short sleeves) for fall--outfitted with new, pewter colored horse buttons down the front and on the back, and for the sleeves, I found adorable celtic symbol ones!

She's also adding buttons on the INSIDE of my jacket sleeve so I can affix different shirt cuffs to match my stock (she's making me faux sleeve bottoms, not really cuffs) We picked out three fabrics which will look like a shirt sticking out (since I couldn't lengthen the sleeves anymore--they're as low as they can go)...one dark brown/green paisley, one black with dark navy flowers, and one white with yellow/blue square check. Only about 1" will show and it'll just look like my shirt sticking out--I'm so excited!!! NO MORE ONE INCH OF WRIST BETWEEN GLOVE AND JACKET! I'll be in a traditional black coat and have some really subtle, fun, personal accessories for only $26 (plus I owe her a "paint the den" job!) I asked at the barn if I should patent this idea--everyone looked at me like I'd grown a third head! haha!

I picked up my grey coat from the tailor today. They did a fabulous job. It is a bit longer than my other dressage coats, so we will see how it looks on. I have yet to send my entry for the Aug 1 schooling show, but hope to make that happen this weekend.

It looks like I'm getting a new horse, too. Bay. So, now I have a navy coat, a grey coat, and (dog willing) a black shad/blue pinstripe. While my current horse is mostly black (although faded to basically bay this time of year), I think the grey coat will look okay on the truly bay horse too. I promise to get pics at the show next week.
    From now on, ponyfixer, i'll include foot note references.

On the subject, what does everyone think of Gray and Navy velvet HELMETS? For hunters? I've always loved them...are they appropriate for dressage?

I have the Charles Owen GR8 in navy/grey, but only for when I do hunters in my navy coat (and LOCAL hunters/hunter paces only!) I wear a black helmet at dressage shows b/c my coat is currently black.

Ok, I didn't bother reading past the first page.

My navy jacket has gotten to small for me, so I'm now going for a coloured jacket, because I have a Silver dilute.

So, this horse: with a olive tweed coat, with beige or banana jodhpurs, navy velvet CO helmet, with a banana waistcoat, white blouse and navy tie, or cream stock. haven't decided

With brown tack. Very hunterish Because we also do Show Hunters, which is the British one, not the US one over fences. Very different.