The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Question Anyone riding in or auditing Conrad Schumacher at Alpine Farm in MN?

I got the email, but the clinic must be full (or I'm not on the right list, lol) because all the poster was about was auditing. It is Oct 9-11 in Medina, MN (Alpine Farm). Looks like it is hosted by the Underhills.
    Siouxland Sporthorses: http://slsfarm.blogspot.com/

DIY Journey of Remodeling the Farmette: http://weownblackacre.blogspot.com/

I'm planning on auditing and my trainer is riding. Underhills are hosting, I believe riders are primarily pros by invitation only thing, because it is more of a symposium format. It is only 10 minutes away from my farm, it is nice not having to travel to far!

Wink

Cool. It will be fun to watch the pros (and I imagine some really nice horses). We are signed up (I hope, sent the check in) for all three days and the dinner. I DON'T live nearby, unfortunately! But I did take jumping lessons at Alpine, years ago, for a brief stint...oh and I got bucked off at Alpine! LOL

I'm hoping we are allowed to record stuff. I didn't see anything one way or the other. Can I ask who your trainer is? Feel free to PM. Just curious.
    Siouxland Sporthorses: http://slsfarm.blogspot.com/

DIY Journey of Remodeling the Farmette: http://weownblackacre.blogspot.com/

I attended a CS symposium in Washington earlier this year and they strictly forbid photography or video so I'm sure the same holds true with this event.

You will enjoy it though - he is a great teacher and the horses and riders were great to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by TrotTrotPumpkn View Post
    Cool. It will be fun to watch the pros (and I imagine some really nice horses). We are signed up (I hope, sent the check in) for all three days and the dinner. I DON'T live nearby, unfortunately! But I did take jumping lessons at Alpine, years ago, for a brief stint...oh and I got bucked off at Alpine! LOL

I'm hoping we are allowed to record stuff. I didn't see anything one way or the other. Can I ask who your trainer is? Feel free to PM. Just curious.
    PM sent.

lucky you Conrad used to take clinics 20 minutes drive from me & auditing was very educational. Unfortunately he is now teaching at a different yard with no spectators allowed. So I'm back to watching his "Prepare to win" DVD which is very good but not as good as the man in person

can you PM me auditor info? I would love to go.

Quote Originally Posted by cuatx55 View Post
    can you PM me auditor info? I would love to go.
    PM sent.

Someone I know is scheduled to be a demo rider. I'm so proud -- it's like knowing someone famous! She told me at the show this weekend and said I should come audit. I probably will, as much as I can. How many opportunities would I have to see Conrad Schumacher teach? not many.