The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Question Boarding in Lincoln, NE

Ok, we are officially moving to Lincoln, Nebraska after much debate and talking and fussing and discussing...

So, I need a decent place that won't break the bank to board my two TB geldings at.

Any suggestions on who to use, who to stay away from? Also will need a dressage instructor within a month or so...

Thanks!

It's not quite in Lincoln, but not too far I don't think. Quail Run Horse Centre in Elkhorn Nebraska. I rode with Jim Urban back in the 80's and he was a fabulous instructor then. Looks like he is still going strong and his sons (who weren't even born when I rode with him) look great in the saddle. Try the website at quailrunhorsecentre.com

Check out www.nebraskadressage.org. Their newsletters have boarding advertisers, which may help you get started. A friend of mine in Lincoln - her parents have a farm - I think they lease the property to a dressage trainer, but I am not sure if that is correct. I'll check on it and send you a pm if that is the case.
    My new mantra - \"Life is too short not to eat ice cream.\"
    ReRiders Clique

Checked out Quail Run and they are an hour from Lincoln, so that wouldn't work for boarding...

Hasahorse, please let me know if you come up with anything. I have a couple leads that I am checking into but want to have options...

Thanks!

There are a lot of Arabians around Lincoln. http://www.ahanebraska.com to find names of people around there.

Most Arabian people are pretty picky about the care of their horses. I would check there for possibilities and referrals for boarding. Once you get there you can look around for dressage types.

Sent you a PM - didn't read the dressage part - when I was at the barn I referenced it was mainly h/j but there were some dressage riders there.