The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Pebble Beach shows - check in..

Anybody going?

I am going to watch. I am also looking for any contacts who may be looking for a groom for the series.

If you know of any please PM me.

Thanks.
    One of a Kind Studio
    Equestrian Art and Portraits
    Landscape Design
    Farm Layout and Design

I will be there with my Der Dau booth in the pavillion. I was told entries are light. Either way, should be fun!

Enteries look really light. So I guess I get kind of a vacation.

Not showing (obviously, or I'd know this!), but... can someone -please- clear up for me whether the show is 6 days, with showing starting on Tuesday, or 5 days with showing starting on Wednesday?

The NorCal website schedule lists it as starting July 14th (Tuesday). But the Pebble Beach site shows it starting July 15th (Wednesday). I have a braider insisting to me that it starts Wednesday, and a friend showing who insists it starts Tuesday. I'm -so- confused!

Quote Originally Posted by angrychinchillas View Post
    Not showing (obviously, or I'd know this!), but... can someone -please- clear up for me whether the show is 6 days, with showing starting on Tuesday, or 5 days with showing starting on Wednesday?

The NorCal website schedule lists it as starting July 14th (Tuesday). But the Pebble Beach site shows it starting July 15th (Wednesday). I have a braider insisting to me that it starts Wednesday, and a friend showing who insists it starts Tuesday. I'm -so- confused!
    The horses may arrive on the 14th, but classes don't begin until the 15th. I can't think of any show around here that is 6 days long.

Our barn heads up from San Diego for two weeks on July 20th. My DD will only be showing the first week, but some of our girls will be there for both weeks. We will have seven horses there. Most of the girls are juniors with a couple of adults. My DD will be doing the Children's Hunters (older), age group eq and the 3' and 3'3" medals.

We have rented a house in Carmel for the two weeks and we are really looking forward to a great show and a fun vacation. I think that only one of the girls has shown here before so it is the first time for the rest of them.

A couple of restaurant suggestions there:
    Fandango in Pebble Beach-awesome food, fun place. Not inexpensive, but a great menu, something for everyone. Fabulous wine list.
    Carmel: Luca. Italian and terrific.

Oooh, I second and third Fandango. It's delicious! And pancakes from the Inn at Spanish Bay are to die for. Also, if you'd like to take dogs with you, there is an amazing doggie daycare in Pacific Grove that we use each time we go up. Unfortunately, I'm not showing... I'd love to ride at Pebble.

And I second Luca! Had dinner there on 4th of July, fantastic food and wine. Randomly ended up being seated next to carrot top as well Have fun at pebble everyone, it's a great show! Make sure you leave some time to check out Carmel beach as well as downtown Carmel.

It has been a tradition that Pebble in the summer and Menlo run Tuesday - Sunday. I think since wks 1 and 3 are light they run Wed-Sun, and 2 is Tues-Sun. I showed up today thinking the show started tom, as did a bunch of others LOL.

The Red Door Cafe in Pacific Grove is the BEST!

If anybody likes good quick Mexican... Papa Chanos in Monterey and Sand City are wonderful. Try the Al Pastor Tacos. Yum!

I grew up in this area.. there are tons of great places to eat.

Looking forward to seeing people out there!
    One of a Kind Studio
    Landscape Design
    Farm Layout and Design

Local checking in.

Fandango is in Pacific Grove, not PB. Not too far away, though! Another nice one in PG is Passionfish.

You can't go wrong with Cantinetta Lucas in Carmel. Yum.

Hopefully this weather will hold for the shows - it's clear on the coast and should get into the high 70's at the showgrounds today. But I'm sure the sub-arctic Pebble Beach summer show weather will return at some point.

That didn't last long...fog's back. Sorry.

Any show where the main topic of convesation is where to eat is my kind of show! I have been dying to show at PB, maybe one day...

Quote Originally Posted by Chef Jade View Post
    Any show where the main topic of convesation is where to eat is my kind of show! I have been dying to show at PB, maybe one day...
    My understanding is PB is more of an equestrian vacation and "event" than a simple "horse show"

Perfect Pony - I certainly hope our time up at Pebble next week will be a vacation! I have been so busy at work this summer that this is the only time I have scheduled off.

DD is excited to be showing her horse here as she has heard from the trainer and other girls at the barn who have been in years past what a fun show it is.

We have been warned how easily the weather changes and will be bringing layers to wear.

Quote Originally Posted by BLBGP View Post
    Local checking in.

Fandango is in Pacific Grove, not PB. Not too far away, though! Another nice one in PG is Passionfish.

You can't go wrong with Cantinetta Lucas in Carmel. Yum.

Hopefully this weather will hold for the shows - it's clear on the coast and should get into the high 70's at the showgrounds today. But I'm sure the sub-arctic Pebble Beach summer show weather will return at some point.
    I spaced-it is Pacific Grove. 22nd Street right off Lighthouse Ave.

There is a good place in Monterey also-Paradiso. It's right on Cannery Row. They have - or used to have- a crab risotto that was great.

I was out there today, watched the green conf hunters and some jumpers go.

Weather was foggy but not too cold. It can be much worse at PB. If any of you go.. look for me with my two french bulldogs. I will have them with me.
    One of a Kind Studio
    Landscape Design
    Farm Layout and Design

My friend is heading down Sunday for the week with 3 or 4 horses and will be doing the 3'3" and up jumper classes as well as the $10,000 derby. I hope she kicks butt! Too bad the show is mostly during the week or I'd make the treck to take come pics and watch. I checked the class lists and most of her classes have an "average" of 20 riders in each one. The derby righ tnow has 21 and one of the other jumper classes currently lists 35 in the class.
    Cloverfox Stables

Hey, what classes are going on the 26th, if any? I'm going to be in the Bay Area that weekend and planned to take the 1 back home for a scenic drive. Would love to pop over if there's any cool classes going on....