The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Lemony's Nicket

Anyone using him this year? I finally made my breeding decision to use him on my Davignon mare!! Very excited. She is getting older so I am trying to get the last few frozen breedings with her.

It was him or Quaterback (whom I love and saw a ton of his mares last year at mare shows and ALL, no joke..all of them, had fabulous MPT scores, great elastic trots and pretty decent walks even). The only thing that concerns me about him is my mare's weakest point is her hind leg and evidently QB doesn't pass the best hind legs.

Happy to get the Weltmeyer in with LN too!!

Has your mare been "accepted" to breed to him? One of my mares was chosen to breed to him last year but then the semen was unavailable and I was told I could use him this year. Well now they said there are a limited number of breedings available and my mare would not be able to breed to LN. I was informed she is too old this year. What's up with that? Obviously she is a year older than last year . I asked about a different stallion and was given a price plan etc.. Guess what? Now it is unknown what the fee will be for that stallion only that it will be more than I was told. WTF Fruit Bats anyone? Now my mare will do an ET with a stallion that will be a very good match for her that has nothing to do with them. The mare did give me a 2012 ET and I will go for another ET this Spring. Breeding is hard enough when you are dealing with people who's only agenda is to get your mare in foal and I have worked with many of them over the years. Stallion owners have gone all out to ensure a successful breeding with their client's mares. This is the first time I have seen the other side of the coin and sure don't care for it.
    It's not true that I had nothing on. I had the radio on.”
    ? Marilyn Monroe