The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Charlie Tota at EuroAmerican told me about the TC breeches switching makers and going down hill. I only have one pair, older, and they are almost EXACTLY like my older Schumachers.

But, slick, if you like the heavy ribbed fabric, try Goode Riders. I have gotten 3 pairs from Tack of the Day now, all 3 different models, but all with the ribbed fabric. Not leather, which seems harder to come by these days, but they are some sort of upgraded suede-like in the seat. I hate Clarino, it's much better than that.
    From now on, ponyfixer, i'll include foot note references.

I hate Clarino
    Clarino sux.

I too was looking for a pair of these just last year when I learned that they were no longer available. Too bad as they were very comfortable, well made and they really lasted! Thanks for the link...

I just posted a beautiful mocha brown pair on Ebay with No Reserve! They are beautiful breeches but I never found the seam in the crotch very comfortable. I like my TC pair in real leather.... Though they are falling apart now...
    "Capture the horse's confidence to obtain his consent." -General L'Hotte

this is from 2009, Penny Chrome. FYI

The problem with Goode Riders and Pikeurs is they seem all to be cut for people with barely any hips--or who are 15 years old or starved. I'm not big--I can wear 30's in the old Schumacher's, Kentucky's or Golden Dress, but in addition to cheapening up the materials drastically, it's very hard to find anything today that's cut for a real woman's--as opposed to a girl's--figure.

Default Schumacher Breeches

I used to carry those when I had a tack shop... still have several pairs left...

I definitely have hips and find the Pikeur Mondega and Candella (think that's the name) breeches perfect. I wear a size 30R in them. Pikeur had many different cuts and some are for the stick thin, some are low rise/ butt crack style, but the two above are for "real" women!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Eboshi View Post
    The problem with Goode Riders and Pikeurs is they seem all to be cut for people with barely any hips--or who are 15 years old or starved. I'm not big--I can wear 30's in the old Schumacher's, Kentucky's or Golden Dress, but in addition to cheapening up the materials drastically, it's very hard to find anything today that's cut for a real woman's--as opposed to a girl's--figure.
    Read about my time at the Hannoveraner Verband Breeders Courses:
    http://blumefarm.com/hannoveranercourse2011.html
    http://blumefarm.com/hannoveranercourse2012.html